Best way to change both admin username/password

SimChris

Hi,

seems like good time to change my superuser admin name and password for CC5, and wasn't sure if there is way to do that via a config file, admin, or if both must be done via phpmyadmin or similar?

Reason: had a customer setup account (no IP as is common with hacker folk), and noticed his mobile phone number was the superuser account name for the CC5 store. Which is a bit troubling. (We are PCI-DSS certified, best practices, based on 20 years on the web, manage our own server, etc.).

Didn't see this in the docs, but I've hit middle age now... so maybe it's me. ;-)

Thanks for pointers on this, folks !

Hi Chris

It is also extremely unlikely that your store was hacked. If you edited that customer record as the admin user after it was setup, some browsers pre-populate fields with data based on field names - it is a common issue for the telephone number field to display the admin user name (I cant remember exact sequence or browser versions etc but have seen it lots of times myself).

There are also any number of reasons why an IP may not be recorded when a customer registers some of which have been documented in other threads.

That said, changing your admin username (to something obscure and not "admin" or anything related to you or your store name) and also changing the password regularly is always a good idea

Thanks

Ian