Contact Us - Contact Form - not working

CHGTF

So I set up the contact us page thru “File Manager > Contact Formâ€

I input the info and sent a test email – nothing

Used a different email address – nothing

Used a third email address – nothing

What am I doing wrong?

My Cubecart is up to date with the latest version.

Can we assume that your installation can email something, anything?

When you say "nothing", I suppose you mean no emails arrived. What about the banner message after clicking "Send Message"? Do you get a green or red-ish block at the top of the main content area saying something like, "Your Contact Us Message has been sent"?

Can we assume that your installation can email something, anything?

When you say "nothing", I suppose you mean no emails arrived. What about the banner message after clicking "Send Message"? Do you get a green or red-ish block at the top of the main content area saying something like, "Your Contact Us Message has been sent"?

Yes indeed - Every time a test email was sent the web page jumps to the homepage and a green banner reads - "Thank you for your message, a member of staff will reply to your email shortly."

I literally just sent another email to check the text that pops up

So we get the green banner. That means the Mailer class is reporting back that it had no problems with what it can determine about the sending of the email.

Please try this. It is quick to do.

In admin, Newsletters, create a new newsletter and save. It can just say Test everywhere. Then go back and edit that newsletter. There will be a Test Send tab. Enter an email address you have access to (not the store's address or any address where the domain name is on the same server as your store). Click Save & Send.

Again, you should get a green banner.

The difference is that CubeCart is now sending an email to an address other than an address known to CubeCart (an admin's address or the store's general address).

The Contact Us sends an email to an admin or the store's general address. When you say "Used a different email address – nothing", into what field were you entering this different email address?

In admin, Newsletters, create a new newsletter and save. It can just say Test everywhere. Then go back and edit that newsletter. There will be a Test Send tab. Enter an email address you have access to (not the store's address or any address where the domain name is on the same server as your store). Click Save & Send.

Ok - completed this task and received an email seconds after the test email was sent.

The Contact Us sends an email to an admin or the store's general address. When you say "Used a different email address – nothing", into what field were you entering this different email address?

When I say "used another email address" I mean in the Contact Form window in CubeCart it gives you options as such:

""" Contact Form Settings

It is possible to specify specific departments and email addresses below. On completion a drop down menu will be presented to the customer so that the message can be directed to the appropriate department.

Configuration
Status1.png
Form submissions should be sent to

Departments (optional)

Name: Email: delete.png - This one is named "General Questions"  
Name: Email: delete.png - This one is named "Web site issues/Questions"
Name: Email: (Optional)

"""

I put in 2 email addresses using 2 seperate "departments"
One for "general questions" and another for "web site questions".
I tested emails from the web sites contact page to both departments.
I also used 2 email addresses for the "General Questions" department and neither one of those two email addresses received an email. And the third email address for the "web site issues" did not receive any emails either.  

So none of the email addresses used as contacts have received any emails from the web sites contact page.

FYI the information box "Form submissions should be sent to" is blank - does this need to be filled?

I noticed on another post the problem was with the web sites hoster not allowing emails to go through their servers - could this be the same issue? I use Hostgator  

"I noticed on another post the problem was with the web sites hoster not allowing emails to go through their servers."

Then the Newsletter test would fail.

I know that the Contact Us admin panel will take any email. For example, I set up a "Test" department, and for that department, I entered my Gmail address. I got the email.

The problem noted in other forum posts involve sending emails originating on that server to a domain that is hosted on the same server. For example, an email sent from the store's main address, store-at-chgtf.com, to website_issues-at-chgtf.org. Both chgtf.com and chgtf.org would have their emails handled by the same server.

Do you have a Gmail address, a school address, etc?

CubeCart will use the email specified in "Form submissions should be sent to", if present. If not present, the store's main email address is used.

If the visitor chooses a department, and that department has an email address assigned to it, then that address will be used instead of the above..

I do in fact have a Gmail email address. The email address I used in the "newsletter" test was that same gmail account. This is also the email address linked to the "web site issues" department.

I also used a yahoo email address for one of the test emails.

The "general questions" email address is a AOL email address.

None of the email addresses used are of the same server name used by the website accept the AOL email address - I do believe

And yet none of the test "contact us" emails have been received

RESOLVED

Fixed by making email addresses with in host gator then forward emails to my own regular emails - it goes into my spam folders right now but it still works.

I can make my regular email address not do that easy now.

Thanks again to @bsmither - seriously helped me out!

The Contact Form on my site appears to be not working. The site has been running since Dec 2012 and all along I've been getting emails that look like the following:

Peggy  wrote to [email protected]:        ---------------                ---------------                This email is sent from the stores master email address but it is possible to reply directly to the sender using the reply button on your email software.

As you can see, there's no message with this email. After contacting the email address ([email protected], as illustrated here) a time or two and getting no response back, I assumed that these emails were just some unexplained junk that I didn't need to worry about. But today I had occasion to test the Contact Form (yes, I should have done it long ago!) and realized that these strange content-less emails I've been getting have been customers trying to reach me (of course, customers do reach me by email all the time, but do so, evidently, by simply using the [email protected] address that I provide alongside to the Contact Form on the Contact Page).

What am I doing wrong?

Please visit the admin, Languages pages. Click the edit icon for the language your store is using.

On the Phrase Group selector, choose Contact.

For the 'email_content' phrase, make sure there are %s characters as follows:

%s <%s> wrote to %s:        ---------------        %s        ---------------                This email is sent from the stores master email address but it is possible to reply directly to the sender using the reply button on your email software.

There will be an issue if you try to edit this phrase as CC5 is not yet coded to allow tags from these text fields. Thus, if you need to edit the phrase, do not keep <%s>, but rather use (%s).

The first %s for 'Peggy' and the third %s for the store admin or department head name seems to work. The second for Peggy's email address and the fourth for the message seem to be missing. If the second one is missing, then Peggy's email address ends up where the store's name would be.