Upgrade from CubeCart 4.3.3 to 5

PAC

Hello,

My company has been using CubeCart 4.3.3 for a while now with now problems. Just recently, USPS updated their APIs for the shipping module and I have been having a heck of a time trying to get that to function correctly. I have followed some of the threads posted here on updating the APIs, and I'm sure I can figure it out if I work with it, but in all honesty, we should probably just go ahead and make the upgrade to CubeCart 5. There are a few reasons why we haven't made the switch yet, and most of it is due to the fact that I would have to put other projects on hold to do it myself. I am thinking about paying the upgrade fee and then paying the fee to have a developer do the upgrade for me, but I have a few questions I would like to know.

• I read that some third party modules might not work correctly after an upgrade. We really have only one third party module, which is a coupon code module that we purchased from Estelle's Mod Store. We have a lot of coupon codes and it would be a pain to have to go add the mod coding back to the source code and reenter every coupon code that we have. This is really my main concern because I do not have time to do this and I would rather just keep version 4 than have to put my current projects on hold. Does anybody know if this would carry over into the upgrade and function properly?

• As I stated above, I was having difficulty getting the new USPS shipping API to work correctly with version 4. If I upgrade to version 5 and pay to have a developer do the upgrade for me, will this fee include getting the new USPS shipping API to work correctly? If not, is there an extra fee I can pay to have this done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have assisted several CC4 users with updating the USPS module. I'll send you a PM.

"some third party modules might not work correctly after an upgrade."

The programming is incompatible. There is no 'might' about it. I do not know if CC5's coupon system could absorb the data that describes existing coupons.

I was having difficulty getting the new USPS shipping API to work correctly with version 4.

CC5214 has an updated USPS module.