Customer Regeistering issue

CHGTF

RESOLVED RESOLVED

"" SEE BOTTOM POST ""

I reently had a customer contact me and let me know that when they tried to "register" on the website it gave an error as such:

""" The following errors were detected:

• Please agree to the Terms & Conditions."""

I tried filling out my register form and submitting it- but I literay receivet that same tmessage.

What could this be?

I have had customers register during the purchasing process but not from the "Register" link alone.

Thanks in advance

RESOLVED RESOLVED

"" SEE BOTTOM POST ""

Edited by CHGTF

At the bottom of the registration form, there will one, two, or three additional things:

[  ] Recaptcha text entry

[ ] I agree to the Terms & Conditions

[ ] Check this box to subscribe to our mailing list.

If you have the captcha system enabled, there will be image of numbers/letters to enter. If your admin settings say to Agree to T&C, then there will be that checkbox. Then there is the checkbox to subscribe.

Earlier versions of CC5 have a bug that if you have a document flagged as the T&C document, CubeCart will require this response, but the checkbox could still be not shown.

As well as there may be a problem if the skin is a third-party skin.

At the bottom of the registration form, there will one, two, or three additional things:

[  ] Recaptcha text entry

[ ] I agree to the Terms & Conditions

[ ] Check this box to subscribe to our mailing list.

If you have the captcha system enabled, there will be image of numbers/letters to enter. If your admin settings say to Agree to T&C, then there will be that checkbox. Then there is the checkbox to subscribe.

Earlier versions of CC5 have a bug that if you have a document flagged as the T&C document, CubeCart will require this response, but the checkbox could still be not shown.

As well as there may be a problem if the skin is a third-party skin.

I have the Recaptcha box and image and

[ ] Check this box to subscribe to our mailing list. (NOTE: next to this [   ] there is a space - and it would appear as if something is clickable but it does nothing or clicks the [  ] only. I see no - Terms and Conditions box at all.

Where is the option to "Agree to T&C" ?

Also I have changed the skin 4 times.

https://www.timesforgottendvd.com/index.php?_a=register

Take a look if it helps

The end of the stock kurouto content.register.php looks like this:

{include file='templates/content.recaptcha.php'}

{if $TERMS_CONDITIONS}
	<div><label for="register-terms">&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" id="register-terms" name="terms_agree" value="1" {$TERMS_CONDITIONS_CHECKED} /> <a href="{$TERMS_CONDITIONS}" target="_blank">{$LANG.account.register_terms_agree}</a></span></div>
	{/if}
	<div><label for="register-mailing">&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" id="register-mailing" name="mailing_list" value="1" {if isset($DATA.mailing_list) && $DATA.mailing_list == 1}checked="checked"{/if} />{$LANG.account.register_mailing}</a></span></div>
  </fieldset>
  <div><input type="submit" name="register" value="{$LANG.account.register}" class="button_submit" /></div>
</form>

You have deleted the terms part evidently.

Looks like you are running CC5214.

In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Disable terms & conditions checkbox on checkout" (but applies to registration form as well). A X means that the checkbox should show.

"It would appear as if something is clickable but it does nothing or clicks the [  ] only."

To the left of the visible checkbox that you see is an area that stretches from the "label" of the control, to the form control. A browser is free to make this area a "clickable" zone for the form control. (The mailing list checkbox control has a label that is an HTML non-breaking space.)

@

The end of the stock kurouto content.register.php looks like this:

{include file='templates/content.recaptcha.php'}

{if $TERMS_CONDITIONS}
	<div><label for="register-terms">&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" id="register-terms" name="terms_agree" value="1" {$TERMS_CONDITIONS_CHECKED} /> <a href="{$TERMS_CONDITIONS}" target="_blank">{$LANG.account.register_terms_agree}</a></span></div>
	{/if}
	<div><label for="register-mailing">&nbsp;</label><span><input type="checkbox" id="register-mailing" name="mailing_list" value="1" {if isset($DATA.mailing_list) && $DATA.mailing_list == 1}checked="checked"{/if} />{$LANG.account.register_mailing}</a></span></div>
  </fieldset>
  <div><input type="submit" name="register" value="{$LANG.account.register}" class="button_submit" /></div>
</form>

You have deleted the terms part evidently.

@Dirty Butter  > Could this have been done thru Cube Cart Admin control on accident or no? Because I have NEVER touched the code at all.

Could it be missing from the skins I checked/use? 

Current Skin - Mican > Blue (Original Skin)

Used skins since issue - Vanilla, Nota > Blue, Mican > Black

All three used skins showed no T&C. So I set it back to Mican > Blue

RESOLVED

Looks like you are running CC5214.

In admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Disable terms & conditions checkbox on checkout" (but applies to registration form as well). A X means that the checkbox should show.

BINGO FIXED! ! ! !  THANK YOU! @bsmither QUICK + SMART = GENEOUS 

THANK YOU!