Cubecart 4 issue on PHP 5.5

Jayphen

I'm moving a website from shared hosting to DigitalOcean and the new server is running PHP 5.5. Unfortunately I don't have the option of upgrading to CubeCart 5 at this point, so I need to get this working.

I understand Zend hasn't been updated to support PHP 5.5, so am using ionCube. However, I get this message at the root of the store

Fatal error: The file /var/www/index_enc_ion.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5 and cannot run under PHP 5.5 or PHP 5.6. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for either PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4 or PHP 5.5. in Unknown on line 0

Is there a version of that script that has been encoded with a more recent version of ionCube?

Please let us know the exact version of CC4 you have.

According to the ionCube compatibility matrix, it depends on what version of the encoder was used to create the encoded files.

However, for PHP5.5, the loader must be not less than v4.6, and the encoder must not be less than v8.

I doubt there will be a solution for you, if your hosted site must remain at PHP5.5.

If you can get your hosted site to run PHP5.2 (maybe 5.3), and an ionCube loader of v3.3 or v4.0, you should have a good chance of running CC4.

Thanks for your reply.

It is version 4.3.1.

The error message I quoted above seems to indicate that a version of the script encoded for PHP 5.3 would work with the installed loader.

I may be able to downgrade to 5.4 and use Zend instead, but preferably not

"seems to indicate that a version of the script encoded for PHP 5.3 would work"

Someone may be able to find a copy of the encoded files for PHP5.3 from a CC447 package lying about somewhere.

That sounds like my best bet… but I don't have a copy lying around :(