Google Searches show SITE name, link to items

Dirty Butter

A Google search for our items pulls up the STORE TITLE and STORE URL with the product description. The Adwords Search pulls up the ITEM TITLE and the correct PRODUCT URL.

Any suggestions about what I must have messed up that is keeping the Product Title and URL from showing on the Google Search? I have no idea how long it has been that way...

I had previously seen this non-existent page showing up in Google Crawl Errors:

http://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/index.php?_a=product

So I "removed" this url from Google's crawl on Nov. 3, 2014. (That IS when I had upgraded to 5.2.14.) After using your Github fix, should I "undo" my "remove" on Google??

OK, thanks for the fix. I'll speed up our crawl temporarily and see if new listings are correct with this code change. If I still see issues, I'll "undo" my removal of the "bare" url that does not have the product url part. I'll report back after enough time has passed to see how the code change works.

Most items I've tested are showing the correct url now, with the correct title on Google as well. BUT those Latest Items products are still showing the homepage url and title.

I have NOT done anything to re-instate the "non-existent" //dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/index.php?_a=product

It's the url of a single item that happens to be on the homepage that is showing the site url, instead of the item url in Google Search. So the search for

boyds green white frog ribbit bib

still shows the highlighted keywords, but the site title and url are for the store, not the item.

Is there something I need to change on content.homepage.php, or is it just a matter of waiting on Google to crawl these items again?