How can I make certain colors not available for certain size item?

zznic

Good afternoon everyone, 

I have a fishing tackle shop and many of the items I sell come in two or three different sizes (ej: lures) and maybe five or six colors. Now, I might have the color XYX available for the 11cm size but not for the 15cm size lure, how can I let the costumer know that that option is not available? Is there any way to fix this on the options window in the product page?

Thanks in advance for your kind feedback

Regards

Nicola :-)

At this time, there is not a way to instantaneously and dynamically inform the customer that a particular combination of product options is not available or out of stock.

When assigning options to a product in admin, there will be an Options Matrix table where every possible combination of assigned options is listed, along with stock levels and whether or not this combination even exists.

Unfortunately, only when the customer goes to View Basket will CubeCart inform the customer that the product with the selected set of options is not available.

However, there is work being done to try to figure this out -- to give the customer a more immediate answer if an option combination is available.

I tested the Option Matrix but it doesn't seem to be able to cross one size with one color, you can eventually put the stock level and some ean or other codes but not say that this color in not available for that specific size, is either available or not for all sizes.

Hope they find a way to fix it because is quite an important tool

Thanks, ciao

Nicola  :rolleyes: