Problem adding products to basket

kealanm01

Hello All,

I have recently discovered that our site has become inhospitable to those whom wish to add a product to their basket, anywhere outside of an actual product page. For instance clicking add to basket on catalogue view or featured product.

Poor ie users are damned to res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#file:///r:http://    ...... ((full url))

Chrome users were at first sent of too r:http <<.... store url ....>> but are now simply not notified of any issue at all 

in both instances users are informed of... 

The following errors were detected:

• Please select required options before adding to your basket.

.... on the next page that they load. This also applies to admin screens, add product from catalogue view in chrome, and refresh an admin window and it pops up there. nifty 

I pray for resolution lest this booby trap ensnare all my customers  

p.s. recently altered my Global Meta Data Behaviour  from merge to replace and back again, but seems most likely unrelated 

see ... '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Technical Details Script Version 5.2.12 PHP Version 5.4.34 MySQL Version 50535 Image folder size 182.99 MB Download folder size 0.03 KB Max. Upload filesize 32M Browser user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36 Server Software Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.10-dev 

This is all very interesting. Searching for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#file:///r:http:// shows a lot of issues with Internet Explorer being too damn picky about security.

Please let us know what skin your CubeCart is using.

For the error banner being generated in the storefront, but appearing in admin, that code should be easily found and fixed. But take note that this anomaly applies to "same session" instances. There will never be the case where an error/notification generated in a session not belonging to you will appear in your session.

bsmither you are fast becoming my hero! 

We are running a modified version of the mican - blue theme.

Appreciate the bug will not carry across sessions which gives me some solace!

I relented and reinstalled firefox which also wishes to go the same way as chrome to r:http://www.<<storeurl>> when clicking add to basket on a product with variations e.g. size outside of product view.

I have tried switching to other skins but have had no luck, the issue persists

On a side note - also possibly unrelated - we had a major database woopsie the other week and we had to manually recreate a large chunk of the DB from existing backups. No errors in the system error log since the fix but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Also I made a secondary site to test the fixes we were implementing last week on another hosting provider, interestingly this does not experience the same issue.

Godspeed   

Hi

It is difficult to give specific help without knowing the url of your site but....

We are running a modified version of the mican - blue theme.

I have tried switching to other skins but have had no luck, the issue persists

If you have switched skins and have tested using unmodified versions then it isnt going to be caused by these changes.

On a side note - also possibly unrelated - we had a major database woopsie the other week and we had to manually recreate a large chunk of the DB from existing backups. No errors in the system error log since the fix but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Were the problems happening before this happened ? Recreating a DB from multiple backups (which you seem to infer) is a complex task unless you understand the database structure in great detail. However, if you simply restored a single backup database then it is unlikely to be the cause

Also I made a secondary site to test the fixes we were implementing last week on another hosting provider, interestingly this does not experience the same issue.

Did you make a copy of the current site that has the problem or did you do a fresh install ? It could be some incompatibility with your hosting company or this could simply prove that you have an issue with your live site

Ian

Ian, 

Thanks very much for your response, while no fix was proposed you managed to get me thinking, and yes it appears the database appears to be problem. It is indeed complex, more complex than I had given it credit for. It appears to have ballooned out by another 25% in size for no apparent reason now hitting on 30mb. Bang goes the weekend. Appreciate your support.

recreated the test site using existing skin .. no issue ... replicated DB ... issue reared its ugly head. 

Regards

Kealan  

Hello again,

I have been doing some more troubleshooting and I am at a loss, I hope that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Small bit of background will help, store is www.gooutdoorireland.com the only other error found other than op is in the admin log, which has appeared twice in last 24 hours and not before  

File: [seo.class.php] Line: [585] "SELECT COUNT(id) AS Count FROM `kmacc024CubeCart_seo_urls` WHERE `path` = 'Women's' AND `type` = 'cat' AND `item_id` <> 249;" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' AND `type` = 'cat' AND `item_id` <> 249' at line 1

File: [seo.class.php] Line: [585] "SELECT COUNT(id) AS Count FROM `kmacc024CubeCart_seo_urls` WHERE `path` = 'Men's' AND `type` = 'cat' AND `item_id` <> 248;" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' AND `type` = 'cat' AND `item_id` <> 248' at line 1

The store currently has "two" dbs one which is live and one a hangover from a previous developer doing testing two years ago and retired but not deleted after that. They are stored in the same actual db but using two different prefixes. They are

1. kmacc024                        - live db 

2. kmacc024kmacc024        - copy of live db created two years ago and retired shortly after 

About 10 days ago a backup and attempt to remove the 2nd database was made poorly by an intern, which seemed fine at first, but by the 17th it became apparent that looking at the admin error log there were problems, sales and customer accounts were all flagging as duplicates with primary keys all going to 0 for each. The db was rolled back to the 13th and the customers / orders / summaries were all manually repopulated using manual entries via phpmyadmin. All seemed well until the op issue was flagged. 

With regards to the increase in db size... interestingly a backup was made at all points before and after each of these revisions. But today on inspection curiously the 2nd db has been populated with about 14 months or so of records but nothing from the last 10 months. The records are in correct sequential order with the same data for the period on the live db. All previous backups from before and after all updates / db alterations do not contain the additional records, and since that date I have been the only person with access to the db. I initially expected to see some botched copy and paste effort in the db but all records are exact to the live db minus the last 10 months. I have now removed the 2nd db myself on a test site believing it may be source of problem but the issue persists but with no other ill effect of the removal.

A real head scratcher, any thoughts here would be deeply appreciated sorry for spam but not sure what is relevant here. Special thanks to anyone whom managed to read through all that. 

Kealan 

So sorry you're having so much trouble. I wish I knew enough to help, but I don't. I will make one suggestion, though. Way way back when I made the change from v3 to v4, when so many db changes were made and the upgrade process was not so good (not supposed to be that way now thank goodness), I had lots of tables with issues.

I ended up creating a new install test site and comparing the Structure of each database table of the test site and my own site. I found many structural differences and changed my live site table structures to match the test site.

I think not too many people use apostrophes or there may be something peculiar about your installation.

Please try this edit: Using a programmer's text editor (your hosting control panel - cPanel? - should have a basic text editor), open the file /classes/seo.class.php and find line 585.

Was:
if (empty($path) || $GLOBALS['db']->count('CubeCart_seo_urls', 'id', "`path` = '$path' AND `type` = '$type' AND `item_id` <> $item_id") > 0) {

Now:
if (empty($path) || $GLOBALS['db']->count('CubeCart_seo_urls', 'id', array('path' => $path, 'type' => $type, 'item_id' => "!=".$item_id)) > 0) {

By putting the WHERE into an array, each part of the WHERE will go through a function that will 'escape' apostrophes if they are found in the values.

However, it should be said that escaping "Men's" and "Women's" should have happened a long time before these words got to this point.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support from everyone, much appreciated. 

I made the modifications suggested by bsmither, and my urls are cleaner than even so cheers there,  but thats bout the height of it with the other issues. 

I am going to try a clean install and compare as suggested see what gremlins are lurking in this db as far as the owner can tell its been in use for many years and has gone through several major version upgrades throughout its life. 

In the mean time if anyone has any thoughts at all on why I would not be redirected correctly when I should being redirected to select product options, I am not even sure which files are involved with that function yet.

Kind regards

Kealan 

Hello Bsmither,

I have run a clean install of FF 33.1.1 and unfortunately have not had the same experience when clicking on a product on the homepage from latest products / featured product, (products which contain options such as size or colour). Products without options do not have any issue and go through as before. 

Interestingly after a cleared cache IE works, once, and then falls over every time after that. 

I appreciate as always, everyone's input on the matter so far

thanks

Kealan  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I am sorry to bump a post like this but I am at a loss as to how to proceed. 

Store is at gooutdoorireland.com and when adding a product with variations from the category view - it works the first time round and directs to the product page with error msg but every time after that the button becomes unresponsive and does not redirect, except in IE where things totally fall off the ledge. Any guidance here would be deeply appreciated, even a point in the right direction as to which files may be involved in this action.

Many thanks

Kealan  

I may have more later, but for now, Firefox's Error Console is reporting a large number of warnings about CSS declarations. For example, Firefox complains there is no 'center' value or 'bottom' value for the float property. Also, line 34 and 39 of layout.css has #F0FF as the color, which is not correct syntax.

Warning: Expected ':' but found '.'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.gooutdoorireland.com/store/index.php
Source Code:
display.none;
Warning: Expected ':' but found ';'.  Declaration dropped.
Source Code:
blank
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'text-align'.  Declaration dropped.
Source Code:
color: rgb(0, 128, 0); font-size: 14px; text-align: -webkit-center;
Warning: Unknown property 'backgroundn'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.gooutdoorireland.com/store/skins/Ronan/styles/common.css
Line: 74, Column: 12
Source Code:
 backgroundn: no-repeat bottom left;

And this:

Warning: The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it.
Source File: http://www.gooutdoorireland.com/store/edge_includes/jquery-2.0.3.min.js

I do not know what the 'framed' document is, but I know that CC5 javascript is not coded for any version of jQuery for versions of 1.8 or higher. Plus, I have always had suspicions that giving a browser more than one copy of jQuery (differing versions) would cause problems, but have not been able to positively identify this to be a problem.

Hello BSmither,

Once again thanks for your time and consideration here. I went back to stock themes and removed any custom pages to address some of the CSS validation errors - the error persists on all themes regardless. 

I removed the additional jquery lib - I had a similar issue earlier this week site using two versions of the lib 1.7 & 2.0 simultaneously which was not happy at all, but in this case it made no difference to the matter. 

I have trawled the DB and all the store files for any unusual redirects and came up empty handed here also.

I reverted to plan G and just removed all the buy now buttons from the offending areas - I think the wheels are starting to come off this poor cart it has seen many many years of solid use. I think time wise I may just be better of running a clean install and carefully reconstructing the DB with the relevant data.

Thanks again for your input on the matter - hopefully a clean install can iron out the myriad of gremlins lurking in this store! 

All the best Kealan