Add shipping information to Overview tab

djcaseanova

Hello all,

I am trying to simplify my Admin Orders Overview page. I love the tabs and they work great, but I feel the overview tab is under utilized. I would like to be able to process orders quicker, especially on my mobile devices without having to cycle through the tabs.

Can someone help me put the "Shipping Information" box that is under the Delivery tab into the Order Overview tab? Essentially, I want to be able to dispatch orders and update tracking information via the overview page.

Thanks a ton!

In the file /admin/skins/default/templates/orders.index.php:

Find near lines 259-261:
<div><label for="sum_ship_date">{$LANG.orders.shipping_date}</label><span><input type="text" id="sum_ship_date" name="summary[ship_date]" value="{$SUMMARY.ship_date}" class="textbox date" /></span></div>
<div><label for="sum_ship_method">{$LANG.orders.shipping_method}</label><span><input type="text" id="sum_ship_method" name="summary[ship_method]" value="{$SUMMARY.ship_method}" class="textbox" /></span></div>
<div><label for="sum_ship_tracking">{$LANG.orders.shipping_tracking}</label><span><input type="text" id="sum_ship_tracking" name="summary[ship_tracking]" value="{$SUMMARY.ship_tracking}" class="textbox" /></span></div>

COPY (do not delete) those lines, and add them BEFORE these lines:

Find near lines 173-175:
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_date}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_date}</span></div>
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_method}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_method}</span></div>
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_tracking}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_tracking}</span></div>

Then, enclose the above three lines thusly:
{*
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_date}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_date}</span></div>
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_method}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_method}</span></div>
<div><label>{$LANG.orders.shipping_tracking}</label><span>{$OVERVIEW_SUMMARY.ship_tracking}</span></div>
*}

• 1 month later...

Just an interesting development.

New orders that come through will not update. If I put a dispatch date and tracking information in (in either the original location or the new location under the overview) it will not stick when I hit save. Looking at older orders from before the change, everything is as it should be.

Any ideas? I have reverted back to OEM and everything works fine.

Interesting.

What I think is happening is that the General tab and the Delivery tab (as well as all other tabs) are enclosed in a all-over <form> block. Thus, these new lines have the same <input> tags as the existing lines:

<input name="summary[ship_date]">

Because there are now two inputs with the same name, I think this causes either nothing to happen or the inputs are 'arrayed'.

Let me work on this again.