Product Option w/ Different Product Code

fwr

This question has been asked in previous posts and no answer was given in either of the posts I found. 

I want to be able to add a different Product Code to a Product Option. I cannot seem to this. 

Example

Product           Option         Code

Widget X           Red              Red-X

Black            Black-X

Right now if I add an option to a particular product, the item is assigned one product code. I need a different code for each option. My alternative is to create a separate product to assign a different code. That is what I am trying to avoid. 

If anyone could help I would truly appreciate it. 

Welcome fwr! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

When options are created, then assigned to a product (admin, Edit Product, Options tab), and these options are enabled in the Options Matrix column, once saved, and when you return to this tab, there will be an Options Matrix table displayed.

The Options Matrix table allows for the entry of a distinct Product Code, UPC code, etc.

But, what you do not yet get, and what I think you are asking for, is for this distinct Product Code(UPC, whatever) to appear as the product that was sold on invoices, emails, etc. Currently, CubeCart does not do that. CubeCart will list the actual product and (in most cases), the list of options that was chosen.

That said, adding code to make CubeCart do what you need it to do should be relatively easy.

Would you be willing to work with me to see how it could be done? Is your store "live"? That is, if we accidentally break your store, would you lose customers/sales?

I really appreciate your help on this matter. However, I guess after looking at your suggestion my first problem is that I dont even have the options matrix display in the options tab of a particular product. See attached image.

Now some background. This store was developed for my company by web design company. They gave me access and made me an admin so that I can upload products and add more detailed information to the products that were already there. I am an admin on the page. However we have a lot of products that have many options, but each option changes the the product code which is essential for processing here. Right now I am creating two separate products for each option. So if I have a white helmet and a black helmet, the are displayed as two separate instances instead of one with the ability to choose the color. Hope I am not confusing you. I am pretty new at this.

In anycase, I do not even see the options matrix displayed and this may be due to some sort of setting of which I 'm not aware.

From the image you posted, it is clear you have not assigned any options to this product. (You may have assigned an 'option set' on a different page, but no options are assigned through this page.)

So, in the "--Please Select--" drop-down, choose an option. You may have already created:

Color

..Black

..White

Choose each in turn by selecting the color and clicking the white plus in green circle icon. Be sure to click "Save and Reload".

Make sure the table rows for Product Options have the Options Matrix column have a green check (if a red-x, just click on it to switch it to a green check).  Click Save and Reload.

You should now see the Option Matrix table.