background image

Somhairle1314

Hello,

I have created my own skin from the vanilla skin using all the information found in this forum; I have edited the file so it won't be deleted on update to cubecart etc. I have mostly had an easy time making changes to the files to create a unique store. Except with adding a background image. Here is my current code:

body {

background-image: url (../image/metalBackground.jpg);
background-color: #B5C894;
color: #000;
background-repeat: repeat;
}

I have tried numerous variations such as  (../../etc) (images/etc.) I have even copied the image to use in numerous places thinking it was a file path issue and hosted it in an outside source and copied the url given but still no dice.  I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Sam

Using Mican-Black as an example, in the /styles/black/layout.css file, the url path is:

url(../../images/black/background_main.jpg)

This starts in the substyle folder (/black/), so the first ../ goes to the /styles/ folder and the second ../ goes to the name of the skin folder. Once there, the path goes to /images/ then /black/ to find the background image file.

So, if your CSS file is in the /styles/ folder, there should only be one ../ to get to the name of your skin folder, then /images/ (<- Note, this folder name is plural), then the name of your file.

Thank you for your timely response. I changed the name to "images" as you have stated and still no luck. I also placed the image directly in the styles folder and changed the file path accordingly, still no luck. I also used ../../ to refer to the images folder that came with the download (I have the image in a lot of places in the directory because of this). I am becoming exasperated.

I don't understand why it still showed up as "image" instead of "images" as I had already changed it and it showed up for me as "images" when I went to make the edit...however my problem is resolved.  I also changed the logo in the header to (../etc) as requested but it was working beforehand for me. It is still working so I will leave it as fixed. Thank you for all your help! This is great customer service!

Sam