Blank admin login page after restoring store

erix138

Trying to restore 5.12 Store from backup, but getting a white, blank admin login page.

Store is otherwise working fine. I can log into individual customer accounts and all is correct on the front end.

Restoring from SQL and site pages backup because I flubbed customizing a MOD. 

Is there something to reset to enable the admin login to load?

I tried that, but it would not output anything to screen. So I turned on the debug error reporting and I get this:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/sbarro12/public_html/pizzanow/includes/extra/key.php) [function.file-put-contents.php]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sbarro12/public_html/pizzanow/controllers/ioncube_4.4/php_5.3.php on line 151

I tried different perms on the folders but without producing any change, the same error above outputs to screen when trying to access  /admin.php

file_put_contents(), trying to save the key.php file in /includes/extra/ folder. And permission is denied.

There may be some additional considerations based on what security addons your hosting provider has in place for your account. The permission for /pizzanow/, /includes/, and/or /extra/ may be different than what you expect. You may need to have the assistance of your hosting provider to determine the correct permissions.

But this is only a PHP Warning. If no key file, then CC5 should still operate in Lite mode. And if you have more than the allotted customers, orders, and/or admins, you should get an advisory notice.

The ini_set('error_log', "error_log"); statement sends all errors to a file, not the screen. As I said earlier, you should now find a error_log file in the main folder of your store.

"I turned on the debug error reporting"

How did you do this?

The install is with a purchased key. I turned on the error reporting here:

classes/debug.class.php

By setting 'false' to 'true'

What led up to this point: I backed off the fully functioning site and SQL before I tried to customize a mod, but I was not successful, so I emptied the SQL and imported the backup sql, and then replaced the site files with the backup.

After that, the first time I refreshed the admin.php I got three lines showing perm problems, which I then set the mentioned folders to 777 - - - maybe not a good idea permanently but for now just trying to get back inside the admin. 

And this is what I get when refreshing /admin.php

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/sbarro12/public_html/pizzanow/includes/extra/key.php) [function.file-put-contents.php]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sbarro12/public_html/pizzanow/controllers/ioncube_4.4/php_5.3.php on line 151

From post #4:

You may need to have the assistance of your hosting provider to determine the correct permissions.

If they have replied, did their advice fix the issue with not being able to write the file?

In post #2 and also in post #4:

You should now find a error_log file in the main folder of your store.

The ini-custom.inc.php file is executed very early in the start-up sequence. So, if there are any problems with CubeCart during it's initialization, PHP will most likely be able to log the problem in the error_log file.

If error_log is not found in the main folder of the CubeCart installation, then the only file that could be the problem is admin.php. That script calls ini.inc.php -- which is also called from index.php -- so ini.inc.php cannot be the problem.

We await your answer to these two points.