Need help understanding Google Analytics

Dirty Butter

Today I found a CC plugin called "Google Adwords tracking". Can anyone shed some light on what this does compared with the above? 

The only info provided is:

This is the Google Adwords tracking plugin for CubeCart v5 and v6. It can be used for campaign tracking and remarketing. It is not for publishing adverts.

• 1 month later...

Thanks DB, my GA expert person wants me to have the GA code on a thank you page and as discussed above could be  on orders.print.php and orders.index.inc.php.

Would it be possible to send me modified  orders.print.php and orders.index.inc.php in an email please?

DB good luck with the new PC, always lots to set up.

It seems to me that if you enter the GA code in the admin section of CC you do not need to change the code.  I had some editing in content.receipt.php but removed it. GA talks about counting when an order is finalised.

Once I entered  /shop/index.php?_a=complete  in google analytics everything fell into place. :)

Good to hear! So the GA plugin takes care of it all now?

I'm still working to get all my gigs of data moved over to the new computer and set up my old one for hubby. His was on its last legs, and he always gets my hand- me-downs! Every time I think I'm through, I find something that didn't carry over the way I wanted it to. The older I get, the harder it is to do something right the FIRST time.