BOX problems... keeping the skin look

Well, when I installed CC5 and used the skins with CC5 I had no issues with this. Now I am using a different skin, and I want to be able to have some very simple boxes added to the side bar.

I have read a couple of posts based on how to create boxes, but for some reason I can't get it to work. When I add straight HTML to the main.php file I do not get the formatting for the box.

So basically, I need help. My boxes will not contain anything specific to the site functions. The box will be visible to everyone, and it will be static, no dynamic functioning to it at all. But I want to be able to add more than one box so I am trying to create a simple template.

The box creating method I was trying to do is at this link: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>(bsmither's post)

Upon trying this it crashed my site so I was unsuccessful. Can someone explain what I need to do? There is an attachment picture. When I add HTML the html is obviously seen (This was for demo purposes). I am trying to get it to look like the other boxes, title in grey and content. I want it to look like "On Sale" or "Shop by Category" just with my content inside.