Page Headers that are recongised by google

KRISTINVELLA

The store puts in the basic meta tags automatically for Google based on the SEO data for Google you enter on each product page.

e.g.,

description

keywords (not used by Google)

robots = index, follow

author

link rel="canonical"

Additional info is put into the XML sitemap, which can be submitted to Google Webmaster tools.

In our setup we can add other elements to the "main" skin template which has the header data.

Thanks, but I don't really understand. 

I have set up the meta titles, description  and keywords already. Why aren't the keywords used by google? How do I enter keywords, that are used by google?

When I click on 'source' it doesnt show heading or h1 in the html code. How do I see this?

Google has not used the "keywords" meta tag for many many years. Some search engines do, but most do not. Instead the robot looks at the title tag, description, h1 tag (which should be the product name on the page), and description ON THE PAGE about the product/service.

So, simple SEO means using the phrases you want to be found under

a ) in your meta title tag

b ) product name, as applicable; which often creates pretty permalink (e.g., /name-of-my-product/

c ) description meta tag

d ) description in detail of the product/service on the actual page being read by Google

e ) use h2 tag for second most important thing; then h3 tags for sub heads as part of your description (d) as semantically the h tags identify a headline/subheadline vs body text and can be more useful than simply making it bold/strong.

so, quite simply if you want to be found under zombie rubber duckie, you need to use that actual phrase as indicated on the sales page, and then link to it from your own pages under that term.

If you're new to SEO (sadly I've been doing it since 1995...), you may find Google's "official" guide to SEO useful:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

<div id="product_detail">
			<h3 id="productNameCustom">Aqua Blue Wedding Invitation with Ivory Pearl Cluster</h3>
	  		<p>
	  			<strong>Product Code</strong>: WEDINV58
	  		</p>

It looks like you will need to edit your skin file/template for the product pages to change this from h3 to h1, which is technically an error in the skin design, it appears.

You also need to use the same text for the "name" of the product at start of your description tag; which can be edited per product in the CC5 store product editor.

Thankyou for your help. I will read through the Google SEO Stater guide as I am quite new to this. I have been doing alot of research on this, but was really struggling with the h1 tags.

I will hire someone to fix the header tags from h3 to h1 as I dont know much about the store skins.

I have attached a file about adding the name in the tag description. This is for the category 'wedding / engagement invitations', would I need to add ''wedding and engagement invitations'' in the tag description?

Thankyou

• 1 month later...

The store puts in the basic meta tags automatically for Google based on the SEO data for Google you enter on each product page.

e.g.,

description

keywords (not used by Google)

robots = index, follow

author

link rel="canonical"

Additional info is put into the XML sitemap, which can be submitted to Google Webmaster tools.

In our setup we can add other elements to the "main" skin template which has the header data.

Hi,

Where would I find the XML sitemap to submit to Google please?