Blank pages when editing modules in admin control panel

jarmonkeys

When you upgrading there is a crucial part of the upgrade instructions that tells you to delete certain files and folders. I am assuming you didn't delete the existing v4 modules.

I expect this can be fixed by deleting the contents of the /modules/* folder.  Once done upload the default /module folder contents from v5 and all should be fine.

Hi Al, thanks for getting back to me.

I performed the upgrade on a dev server and only copied the images and global.inc.php from the v4 site. All other folders/files are from the 5.2.15 zip.

I've deleted and re-uploaded just in case but still have the same issue.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi,

I can't find any errors in the log file or if i enable them on-page in php.ini. is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Jon

Ah, just tried a bit of code in admin.php to force display errors and got this:

E_ERROR Error in file controller.admin.session.true.inc.php at line 92: Cannot use string offset as an array

Not sure what it means though.

Cheers,

Jon

This may have to do with a request being made to cubecart.com for a list of modules and how 'popular' they are -- a ranking or /stats/.

The returned list is checked for its validity in several places, but not for the code on line 92.

However, this is not a fatal error and should not prevent the page from displaying. Still, it needs fixed.

In controller.admin.session.true.inc.php:

On line 91:
Was:
a blank line

Now:
/*

On line 95:
Was:
}

Now:
} */

This problem should affect all versions of CC5. the request for /stats/ could be cached, but clearing the cache will have the code get a fresh listing. Then this error, again, not fatal, will happen.