Upgraded and lost all my custom template, and option sets lost return

So the annoying thing,

I upgraded cube cart, it has been telling me to do this for a bit.. I backed up first and then went through the Update process...

The update has COMPLETELY overwritten my customized template - and customers can no longer choose from the options in the drop downs, EVEN though these are enabled in the back end...

We then have the WONDERFUL issue of I PAID for the software and copyright removal and this is all now back too...

So what's to do? DO I have to rebuild the site again?

What version did you upgrade FROM and TO?  Answer to custom skin depends on what you were on. If you upgraded to 5.2.15 there is a bug in the options that is discussed in this forum.

You can get rid of CC link at bottom of storefront by removing reference to ccpower.php from main.php. CC is now free Open Source, but CC asks that you leave link - not required.

I know it's gone open source, but a bit cheeky to ask those who paid for removal to have it back!! thanks for the tip on that.. The drop downs seem to be working once the restore of my database was complete.......

though the template is still an issue, also the javascript plugin I was using on the front page.... bugger... It's currently restoring all my old files, so I'm hoping this will overwrite the template BACK to what I had before...

I may have jumped the gun on the forum post, just a little shocked that an upgrade completely changed EVERYTHING.. went from 5.2.12 to 5.2.15

Hi! So a few issues here..

1. Overwritten Skin
    It's critical that you change the folder name when making a custom skin. This is outlined in the following article. Once this has been done upgrading will never overwrite your changes.

2. Copyright Removal
    You can remove "eCommerce by CubeCart" in the following file:

skins/{skin_in_use}/templates/ccpower.php

Saying this once you restore your old skin from your backup you shouldn't need to do this.

3. Options Issue
    I'm very sorry about this as it is a mistake that slipped through. >Here is the fix.

There is NO need at all to rebuild the site again (unless you didn't take a backup before upgrade!!).

I know it's gone open source, but a bit cheeky to ask those who paid for removal to have it back!! 

I agree completely actually. I think we were hell bent on removing all calls home and removing keys we missed that this might annoy people. Sorry about this. I'm not quite sure what to do about this yet..

I left ccpower.php calls in Admin. Figured at least a link on the publicly seen login page would help a bit. Since I paid for Copyright Removal I did not want link on Storefront. I personally didn't feel the request to be unreasonable - it was left to each to decide whether to keep it or not.

They are trying to eliminate verification call backs to CC site.

I wouldn't mind being "refunded" for my Copyright Removal Key, no matter how long ago I paid for it. But I realize that's an expensive option for CC. So maybe a Discount Coupon good on the new Marketplace for CC developed Extension?

In CC5, admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, there should be "Disable mobile skin".

In CC6, it has been removed since the stock skin is "responsive" and as such, there is no need to switch to a mobile skin.

(I haven't looked at CC5216, so I am not sure of the store setting being there.)

Or maybe I am not understanding your question.

In CC5, when CubeCart determines that the device accessing your site is "mobile", and in Store Settings you have enabled the mobile skin, then CubeCart switches to using the skin found in /skins/mobile/.

So, in the /templates/ folder, you can edit ccpower.php. Or you can edit main.php as follows:

Third line from the bottom--
Was:
{include file='templates/ccpower.php'}

Now:
{* include file='templates/ccpower.php' *}

I wouldn't mind being "refunded" for my Copyright Removal Key, no matter how long ago I paid for it. But I realize that's an expensive option for CC. So maybe a Discount Coupon good on the new Marketplace for CC developed Extension?

I really wish that was a possibility. A market place discount could be a possibility... saying this all the extensions we have listed are free aside from Stripe. Maybe we can do something in the future. Thanks for the feedback. 

If you remove or comment out the reference to cc.power.php in main.php there is no need to delete the cc.power.php file.

I did all the suggestions published in here, no results and the cc line is still there.

My board asked me to take action today so I need any more info  please. We bought the product in october 2014 together with the separate removal key. The board overhere don't want links to the source for obvious reason (hacking) so therefore I had to order CubeCart. Now they are very disappointed that the programm is changed to a functional different product we bought.

So for me, if things are not changed tomorrow, they will bring it to our legal department. For me I like to keep this script while I put a lot of effort in creating the shop.

Thanks,

Adrian

-----

Royal Dutch Society for Genealogy and Heraldry

Sounds like it's time to contact CC Support for help with this.

Great ! So I have to pay for solving their problem? So how does that work ?

Adrian

Your account has 5 tech support credits. Please register "[email protected]" (cencored) at https://support.cubecart.com and you will have access. 

Sounds like it's time to contact CC Support for help with this.

Great ! So I have to pay for solving their problem? So how does that work ?

Adrian

Your account has 5 tech support credits. Please register "[email protected]" (cencored) at https://support.cubecart.com and you will have access. 

Just found out. Couldn't place a ticket to technical so I choose sales instead.

Hope they will read it all.

thanks

Al

I requested the skin file directly from your site: www.store.com/skins/kurouto/templates/main.php

Please open the file /skins/kurouto/templates/main.php for editing:

Near the bottom:
Was:

Now:

In admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, check the Clear Skin Cache and Submit.

"I did all the suggestions published in here, no results and the cc line is still there."

So, maybe you edited the wrong skin?

I requested the skin file directly from your site: www.store.com/skins/kurouto/templates/main.php

Please open the file /skins/kurouto/templates/main.php for editing:

Near the bottom:
Was:

Now:

In admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, check the Clear Skin Cache and Submit.

"I did all the suggestions published in here, no results and the cc line is still there."

So, maybe you edited the wrong skin?

I edited the main.php in the basic skin Kuo**** and in the mobile skin.

Also tried to remove ccpower.php but then nothing worked anymore.

Afterwards I restored the originals back so you did see.

I also tried to to use the // for making the line a remark.

Thanks

Ad