Upgraded and lost all my custom template, and option sets lost return

Glad you eventually got this sorted but just a few comments on some of your points

I did all the suggestions published in here, no results and the cc line is still there.

There have been multiple posts from people in this community who have simply removed this and it worked for them, so maybe you havent followed the instructions correctly ?

My board asked me to take action today so I need any more info please. We bought the product in october 2014 together with the separate removal key. The board overhere don't want links to the source for obvious reason (hacking) so therefore I had to order CubeCart. Now they are very disappointed that the programm is changed to a functional different product we bought.

Removing the link back to CubeCart is now your right if you wish to do so but dont think it makes any difference at all as to whether hackers can identify your site as running CubeCart - that is a very easy thing to do. There are many things you can do to make your site more secure (which almost nobody does !) but this isnt one of them.

Also, most people are happy (actually expect) a product to be further developed and dont object to there being upgrades. However, if you want to stay on exactly the version you purchased then you didnt need to upgrade.

So for me, if things are not changed tomorrow, they will bring it to our legal department. For me I like to keep this script while I put a lot of effort in creating the shop.

I think your legal department may have laughed at you over such a trivial issue as it certainly isnt a legal matter but also threatening legal action quickly like that is never a good way to endear yourself to developers or a community who are trying to help !

More importantly, as Al pointed out, you have a number of technical support tickets available to you (you probably did not register which is why you only saw the sales dept) but even if you had had none left, paid support is available and if a genuine bug is identified, then the support ticket has always been credited back in the past

Ian

Glad you eventually got this sorted but just a few comments on some of your points

I did all the suggestions published in here, no results and the cc line is still there.

There have been multiple posts from people in this community who have simply removed this and it worked for them, so maybe you havent followed the instructions correctly ?

My board asked me to take action today so I need any more info please. We bought the product in october 2014 together with the separate removal key. The board overhere don't want links to the source for obvious reason (hacking) so therefore I had to order CubeCart. Now they are very disappointed that the programm is changed to a functional different product we bought.

Removing the link back to CubeCart is now your right if you wish to do so but dont think it makes any difference at all as to whether hackers can identify your site as running CubeCart - that is a very easy thing to do. There are many things you can do to make your site more secure (which almost nobody does !) but this isnt one of them.

Also, most people are happy (actually expect) a product to be further developed and dont object to there being upgrades. However, if you want to stay on exactly the version you purchased then you didnt need to upgrade.

So for me, if things are not changed tomorrow, they will bring it to our legal department. For me I like to keep this script while I put a lot of effort in creating the shop.

I think your legal department may have laughed at you over such a trivial issue as it certainly isnt a legal matter but also threatening legal action quickly like that is never a good way to endear yourself to developers or a community who are trying to help !

More importantly, as Al pointed out, you have a number of technical support tickets available to you (you probably did not register which is why you only saw the sales dept) but even if you had had none left, paid support is available and if a genuine bug is identified, then the support ticket has always been credited back in the past

Ian

I think you didn't read my post well. It was not me who threatening legal actions, it was my boss (tne board) who did this.

Further on I think your comments are not nice and surely not to the point. Things are fixed now and thanks for your comments, but no thanks.

I see you are the moderator here, Well userfriendly you are not. For me reason to leave here. Ik will inform Al about this.

For you information, I don't know your age, but I came back from the US to the Netherlands in the '60 with the first uP from Intel (4004) and since then this is my field. SO threat me nog as an idiot sir.

Adrian