Store Name Changed

infam1

The Store Name is entered in Store Settings, General tab, and is then saved in the entire group of configuration settings.

The store configuration settings is one large array. When saving this array to the database, it is json_encoded, then base64_encoded. The resultant (very long) string will look like:

eyJzdG9yZ.... lots more.

This string is saved in the database table CubeCart_config, in a record where the 'name' column is "config".

When CubeCart is waking up, one of the first things it does is to fetch this string from the database, base64_decode it, then json_decode it. The resulting array can be accessed with, for example:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', "store_name");

Okay so when I installed a fresh version of CC that plugged into my old database and got into the admin the store name had changed. Would putting the string from my backup database into the database now bring back the old settings?

It would. Probably. Connecting a store to an existing database should work fine (actually, there are a few exceptions to this).

It remains a mystery why only the Store Name - and not the entire configuration array - would be what did not get used.