CC6 Setup - Incorrect database host, username and/or password

ploughguy

Hi,

I am trying to install CC691b for evaluation. I am running CC4 something in production on a hosted service and I have previously installed CC5 for evaluation successfully.

Installation platform is OS X running Mavericks.

MySQL 5.6.22 is installed and running.

phpmyadmin can connect to MySQL.

- I believe this means that the Apache, PHP and MySQL installations are acceptable.

I have created a user atomacom with phpmyadmin

- with a known password ( i.e. I am cutting and pasting the password to create the user and configure)

- the user has access for all databases.

I have created a database cc601b

User atomacom has all permissions for the database but no administrator permissions.

The setup dialog for CC6 runs successfully up to the database settings step, whereupon I stall with:

- Incorrect database host, username and/or password.

I have restarted it several time so it gets to repeat its checks - everything is green up to this point.

The values I am using are:

Database Settings:

- Database host:    localhost

- Username:           atomacom

- Password:           <paste from same source that created the account>

- Database Name: cc601b

- Table Prefix:        cc601b

Store Settings:

- Default Language: English  <this is not pre-initialised to its only possible value, even when page is represented for correction and the value was set previously>

- Default Currency: AUD

Administrator Profile

- User name:       admin (a user that has not been created - I believe this is a CubeCart internal user)

- Password:        <same as above>

- Other details    probably not relevant here

Advance Settings;

- Drop Tables     Not selected (this is a new database and user)

Any thoughts about what might be causing the problem?

Problem not necessarily solved, but I managed to get it to complete by feeding it user root.

After the red mist of frustration cleared, I did some more dining.  I have no idea what I did to fix it, but now I have a store user configured for host: localhost and it all now works.

I seriously have no idea what fixed it. The user was originally localhost - I change it to All hosts then attempted to copy it to create a separate localhost user (because "All Hosts", apparently, is not All at all - it excludes localhost.)

For reasons I do not understand, the copy function in phpmyadmin did an update instead and I ended up with just a localhost user.  However the installation process completed user the store-owner account and it works.

bsmither said:

This! Is! Sparta! a Beta!

Understood!  

Before I switch from 434 I need to:

• Learn about the new user-exit technology from CC5
  • Get the hang of PHP Classes
  • Learn about the new rendering engine used by the UI
  • Work out which of my hundred-odd enhancements and add-ons are now part of the product
  • And find or develop a solution for the remainder of them.

Probably not much change out of a year for that lot.  Hence the early start on V6.