Cookies & Livechat

teetshirts

When the EU cookie law was first introduced it was generally thought that cookies that are "non essential" could only be set once permission was granted by the visitor.

Most websites now only provide a notice that these cookies are being used with a close button. This is the approach we have taken in v6. There are three options;

1. Your v5 store can be customised fairly easily to always show the live chat regardless.

2. You could try v6 which I expect will have a short beta period.

3. Consider disabling the cookie compliance setting. This is probably not the recommended solution.

Thanks,

How do I go about customising my V5 store to show the live chat regardless?

When the EU cookie law was first introduced it was generally thought that cookies that are "non essential" could only be set once permission was granted by the visitor.

Most websites now only provide a notice that these cookies are being used with a close button. This is the approach we have taken in v6. There are three options;

1. Your v5 store can be customised fairly easily to always show the live chat regardless.
3. Consider disabling the cookie compliance setting. This is probably not the recommended solution.

Whoops - jumped the gun there!!

Perfect answer. All done & working. Thanks again :)

Thanks,

How do I go about customising my V5 store to show the live chat regardless?

The quickest way around this is to open the classes/sessions.class.php file;

Find: 

public function cookiesBlocked() {

Change this to: 

public function cookiesBlocked() {
return false;