Where can I find error logs?

djcaseanova

I am finding a larger amount of orders "pending" in my cart. After a couple of duplicates, I got an email from a customer stating that he can't place an order. I have inquired with them what the issues are on their end. I am awaiting a response.

My question is, where can I find error reports for this? I may be overlooking it, but I can't seem to find out why these orders are not being processed properly? Because the orders are going through and coming to me as "pending" I am assuming the lock up is between the checkout and the Paypal gateway. I do not know this for sure though.

Anyone have some thoughts on this? Some orders are going through, and when I tested this, I had no issues. But apparently some customers are. Paypal is the ONLY gateway I use.

Running version 5.2.15

Yes, there are System errors showing up, but none for the days in question. Nothing I can see related to payment gateways.

The most common error that is showing up is

File: [session.class.php] Line: [634] "INSERT INTO `CubeCart_sessions` (`admin_id`,`customer_id`,`ip_address`,`location`,`session_id`,`session_last`,`session_start`,`useragent`) VALUES ('0','0','208.51.62.154','','-KcFsXJgxKE1BMWN7jBSV1','1421421780','1421421780','Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.65 Safari/537.36 OPR/26.0.1656.24');" - Duplicate entry '-KcFsXJgxKE1BMWN7jBSV1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Any other ideas?

You can also check the actual order by clicking on it in the orders list, and then under "transaction logs" ... it will show some shenanigans related to an order attempt, such as AVS mismatch, or whatever. (depending on the gateway being used; like Authorize.net...)

NOTE for PayPal...

we did see an issue *TODAY* for the first  time with CC5, where client placed order, contacted me, as the status in the CC system said "pending" ... and not "order complete - pending" as per usual.

I thought this was possibly due to e-check payment, which does take 3-5 days to "clear."

However, I went to my PP account and saw the payment was tagged as "completed."

Went back to cart, still stuck on pending. Even though I got order receipt from the system and email from PayPal saying order paid with PP, as per usual. So, I had to manually change the setting to "completed" on the orders screen.

First time I've seen that happen, and it has only happened TODAY (Fri. 1/16).

Might be a PP issue not sending back the "confirmed/completed" data properly.

I am still running CC 5.2.3.

When I click on 'transaction logs' there is no data there for over a year. And even the stuff that is there is for "Print Order Forms". I no longer have print order forms enabled.

Also, I received an order yesterday. The order is Pending for this new customer. Each time I get an order, I always verify with Paypal. Paypal usually sends me an email notice and a mobile notice when payment is received. I received nothing, and there is nothing that has been received for payment when I log in to Paypal either. So, I am getting concerned that there may be an issue either relaying people from the site to Paypal, or Paypal not completing the transaction for some reason.

Each time I test it, I get sent to PP without a problem (in live mode). This is the 4th time this has happened in the past two weeks.