Empty Basket - Windows Upgrade Connection?

platedepot

I've noticed over the last several months that each time that Windows forces you to reboot your computer for one of its upgrades (as they seem to be today), I will get emails from loyal customers saying that their shopping cart empties as they try to check out.  I'm sure there are many more who just give up in frustration. This lasts for about a day or so, and then all seems to work correctly.

I'm having several other issues that I'll detail in different posts to keep this clean. I'm wondering if there is something that has mutated in my code over the years that is causing these issues.  I don't really seem to get clean upgrades anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MARK

cubecart version 5.2.16

php version 5.2.17

www.platedepot.com

I am going to assert that you getting your Windows updated is probably not relevant to the server being used by your hosting provider, when your customers lose their basket contents.

Or, are you saying your hosting provider is updating your server operating system (a Windows Server?) that has your hosting provider reboot that server?

My provider is Go Daddy and they're using Linux.  I don't believe there's an actual connection between my personal Windows update and the 'basket empty' emails.  Could it simply be that Go Daddy is rebooting the server?  The issues seem last the better part of the day, and I don't recall noticing a correlation (likely implied) until recently.

I'm a civil engineer, not a computer engineer, so I'm somewhat of a novice at this stuff.

Thanks

MARK