Pricing Product Attributes

carnafeagh

I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find an answer to this issue (if there is one).

Most of my products have options with price upsells.

Is there a way to price the attribute (or the option) before it is added to the product? Currently I have to add the option to the product, then go in and add the price for the particular attribute.

I am using the free version (and so far very impressed). Is this available in the paid version, or just not feasible at this time.

I am using 5.2.16.

Jill

jkmorganpets.com/cc

Welcome carnafeagh! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"Is there a way to price the attribute (or the option) before it is added to the product?"

Unfortunately, CubeCart is not coded to do that, nor is the database configured to store that data.

As coded, when Option-A is assigned to Product-A, there is no correlation to the cost differential when Option-A is assigned to Product-B.

For example: the cost for an installation service for a tankless hot water system should be different than the cost of an installation service for a refrigerator.

You might be interested in looking at a "Related Products" mod where a fixed price Installation Service "product" is related (or associated) to the actual product and is displayed on that product's page. The customer can "order" the service alongside the product and the bottom line would be no different than an option of the product. (And the service product can have a different tax basis.)

"Is this available in the paid version, or just not feasible at this time."

No and yes. With version 5.2.16, the CubeCart application has become GPLv3 licensed, an open source license, and comes at zero cost to you. There is no more "Trial vs Licensed" mode. I cannot speak for CubeCart, Ltd., but I see this as not feasible at this time. One would need to make very compelling case to get CC6 to do this.

Thanks. I just updated from .14 -.16 this morning and didn't notice that all the previous things that were "upgrade only" are now there for me to use.

Now I am trying to figure out how to make descriptions for very similar items different so google search doesn't ignore them.

Jill

"make descriptions for very similar items different"

I would like to call your attention to Chuggy's "Additional Product Fields" (google for it). It provides a huge opportunity for a myriad of things that can be done. The number of solutions it provides is far greater than is initially envisioned.

"make descriptions for very similar items different"

I would like to call your attention to Chuggy's "Additional Product Fields" (google for it). It provides a huge opportunity for a myriad of things that can be done. The number of solutions it provides is far greater than is initially envisioned.

Thanks. That looks to be exactly what I am looking for.

Jill