Google Shopping Export

macgillivray

I've been trying to solve a problem with the export for Google shopping.  In previous versions of cc (I'm running 5.2.16) 

So, when I do the export, any blank fields in the database force the data to move left ....  and that totally messes the google products export.  I have attached a quick screen grab of a current export to show the effect.

I tested the demo of cubecart 5.2.16 on www.cubecart.com - and the issue is there as well.

It would be good if any blank fields (no ean, mpn, etc.) could return a null value so that the other database information goes into the proper columns when I do an export.. 

I don't remember having this issue before and wonder if it's affecting others?  Is there an easy fix, please??

Thanks

Margaret

I have checked on https://demo.cubecart.com/cc5/admin.php(it should be right on the cubecart site!)  - and the results are the same;  I have also checked another couple of sites and a site hosted on a different server, with the same outcome.

Hoping someone will be along shortly to tell me not to worry!

Thanks

Margaret

I can look at this, but in the meantime, please look at the .CSV file in a text editor.

I would like for you to verify that there is or is not appropriate commas where a blank data item should be. That is:

id,product_type,google_product_category,link

770,Scottish Gifts > Dunoon Mugs,,http_rest_of_link

Note the pair of red commas above. There would be the google category between them if there was one assigned.

If, when looking at the CSV file in a text editor (instead of the spreadsheet program), and you see two commas side-by-side, then I think the spreadsheet program is having a problem. If you see just one comma where there should be two, then CubeCart needs to be fixed.

Good morning, Brian - well, first of all - apologies, it's always the small things which defeat me completely!  

Struggling to find a programme to open the file and show the commas (senior moment!), I ended up changing my default settings to open the spreadsheet (OpenOffice)... and, of course, the information is working fine.

By selecting to open the spreadsheet using only the tab as a delimiter, everything plonks correctly into shape. 

So, bowing my head in shame, I'm off to do what I should have been doing for the last few days/hours/nights.

An object lesson of over-complicating the problem!

Thanks for turning up to help.

Margaret