Downloading Link Does Not Work

bkrehely

Welcome bkrehely! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

This not a common problem. There may a specific reason why the download link does not deliver the file the link is associated with.

Just to make sure of this, let us know the exact version of CubeCart you are using (admin, Dashboard, Store Overview), and whether you, as the admin, created the order for the customer, or if the order is truly an order placed by the customer.

You say the customer is in the Downloads section of their Account area, and are unable to retrieve the file from there. If that download fails, there may be displayed the reason why.

Thank You for the Quick Reply!!!!

screenshot1.PNG

That is the picture of the Tech Specs for Cube Cart.

What I did, was I went to my stores website. I logged out of admin. I created an customer account then I added a downloadable product to my cart. I proceeded to check out, I had previously created an coupon with 100% off, for testing reasons. I insert the coupon code, then I clicked continue. It said your order was complete. Then I went to my profile, and clicked Digital Goods, then I pressed download. Once I pressed download it brought me to a blank page but nothing actually downloaded. I then tried to use the link that I recieved in an email stating that my order was complete and my downloadable goods were ready, and that didn't work either. 

screenshot2.PNG

and I clicked Download, then it brought me to this page

As you can see below nothing downloaded

screenshot3.PNG

Ok, CC6 beta 4.

The developers will want to know about this.

In the meantime, will you please read the following and create this file. When you click a download link, if there is a problem with the PHP code, we should have the error logged in the error_log file.

• 4 months later...

Hi Brian, I am still having difficulty with GC's. 

As I said earlier the recipient of the GC does not get an email message. 

I also found that I get three emails. 

1. as the order

2 and 3 are the same as order confirmation.

There is no reported errors in the log.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards Duncan

From your message, I assume you have a PHP error log?

If so, in the file /classes/mailer.class.php, make this edit:

Was:
	public function __construct() {
		// Configure PHPMailer variables

Now:
		// Configure PHPMailer variables
$this->SMTPDebug = 1; $this->Debugoutput = "error_log";

Try the emailing of the GC again.

In the error log, there should be a lot of SMTP diagnostic lines. You should be able to determine what email addresses are getting emails. Search for the RCPT TO: lines.

Hi Brian,

file /classes/mailer.class.php,  now looks like this:

// Configure PHPMailer variables - debug added
        $this->SMTPDebug = 1; $this->Debugoutput = "error_log";
        $this->From   = $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address');
        $this->FromName  = $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_name');
        $this->CharSet   = 'UTF-8';

Then ran the GC

Went to cpanel error logs and found no change in php errors. None listed recently.

I am wondering if I have missed some thing in the admin setup since changing from CC5 to CC6?

With these statements, when CubeCart is communicating with the SMTP Server as specified in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Sending Method = SMTP, you should have entries in PHP's error log.

If looking at PHP's error log in cPanel, then I would question that what it is that you are looking at is not the correct/current error log PHP is writing to.

One bit at a time...

Firstly I had no smtp, Sending Method now = SMTP, was php mail() function.

Then tested SMTP, OK

then ran a GC, php error log in cpanel is below:

/home1/maketext/public_html/******organicwine/shop/error_log: [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </td> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </tr> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </tbody> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </table> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: <p> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP:  </p> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </body> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: </html> [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: --b1_02712502b8a43b7aa5b14e17d26dc543-- [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: . [01-Jul-2015 08:59:38 Australia/Perth] CLIENT -> SMTP: QUIT

I have no idea if the above means anything,

However I am not receiving the GC at the intended or any email address.

Hmm. That's something, but not nearly enough.

When you tested SMTP, and you say OK, what do you mean by that? You are supposed to get a popup window with about 50 lines of conversation.

And, the successful outcome of the test is an email sent to the store's master email address with the subject: Testing CubeCart

Did you get that email?

Yes I did receive that email and I also got the 50 lines. So the SMTP works.

Also If I send a GC to myself there is no mention of it in digital down loads in my account, is this normal?

The other thing worth mentioning is on the order summary the delivery address is a physical address not the email it is to be sent to. This of course is only for clarity.

If I was producing 10 GC for customers/friends I would want to know who gets what.

Where to look next?

Edited by harrisorganic
more info

I think I may have found the answer.  "Force Order Completed Emails" in admin settings features.   Yes GC now works.

Yippee. 

However I am getting two confirmation emails and the gift cert receiver gets two emails. Any suggestions why?

regards Duncan

Edited by harrisorganic

Hi Brian,

I am testing the digital down loads and have found I get a 404 error when I paste the url into a new page.

I have a SSL certificate and it is enabled. 

This is the code:  

http://www.harrisorganicwine.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=download&accesskey=6f9773b11dcc8776373af2441cc7e96b

However if I place an "s" after http the url works.

What to look at and how to fix please?

When I go to the URL posted above, my browser is given a 301 (302?) redirect to:

http://www.harrisorganicwine.com.au/shopindex.php

Note the missing slash between shop and index.php.

So, if this is CubeCart sending the redirect, check for the presence of a statement in globals.inc.php:

$glob['rootRel'] = "/store";  // Wrong! Needs trailing slash!

If you have an .htaccess file Redirect directive, check it's syntax.