Admin Store Settings not taking effect in storefront

ZAKS

Hi,

I've just installed CC v5.2.16 and it seemed to be working fine.

But....when I try to update the Settings>store settings (General, Logo, Offline etc) it accepts the data and saves it, but nothing changes on the storefont.

The only thing that seems to be working in the Settings>store settings is the Layout skin setting, which changes on command.

Any help would be appreciated as at the moment i'm still showing as the default "Prescott Pharmaceuticals" with the not so catchy 'Your Logo' as my logo! blushing.gif

Thanks

Further developments...

I've had my very helpful and wonderful hosting people completely reinstall CubeCart 5.2.16 for me, and once again the store settings won't take effect in the storefront (except the skin selector).  My hosting company are not CubeCart experts, and so don't know what the problem is.

In the admin area it'll save the details I enter in settings>store settings>general, offline and logo's, but they do not transfer through to the front end.

I am now Rentaghost, with no logo (except 'Your Logo') and would appreciate any help anyone could give.

Thanks

If the settings are remembered, the the problem cannot be related to the database code or the database itself (probably). That (probably) leaves some kind of external caching mechanism as a suspect.

Has your hosting company mentioned, "yes we do" or "no we do not", implemented any kind of page caching? (This is not the same as CubeCart's caching.)

Have you verified your observations of the storefront using a different computer?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

I have asked my hosts the caching question, but I can verify that the settings are still not applied when viewed on a different computer (The page is still called Rentaghost with no logo regardless of what it says in store settings.)

It does now, however, go offline when commanded, which it didn't before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

I believe any additional help would require someone to be able to access your files (FTP) and look at your database (hosting account control panel), as well as have an admin account to your CubeCart installation.

If you are prepared to go that route, you have a choice: subscribe to CubeCart Ltd's Maintenance Plan (will get it solved quickly), or contact some knowledgeable people on these forums (may or may not get solved, and probably not very quickly).

Thank you very much everyone for your help and feedback.

Good news!!  At first the store started going offline when asked, then the name changed and logo re-appeared!

I'm not sure what has happened, my hosting people were tinkering but have not claimed responsibility for the remedy, but all now seems to be working fine.  Maybe it just took some time to bed in?!

Thanks again for all your help.  I will now go and build my store :-)

At first the store started going offline when asked, then the name changed and logo re-appeared!

I'm not sure what has happened, my hosting people were tinkering but have not claimed responsibility for the remedy, but all now seems to be working fine.  Maybe it just took some time to bed in?!

As Brian has said that simply cannot happen ! I would be very concerned at what sort of setup your hosting company has that could cause this and what tinkering they did that could change the behaviour - would suggest you ask for a detailed explanation from them as something like that could come back to bite you

Ian