Shipping By Weight Problems

toast691

Hi,

I am wondering if it's possible when using the shipping by weight option in the module settings to have 3 option names?? If so where do you go to change this and how so??

I am pretty new to cube cart and about to put the site live so this is one final job i need to do before that can happen.

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome toast691! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

It's entirely possible. The files /modules/shipping/By_Weight/skin/admin/index.tpl and /modules/shipping/By_Weight/shipping.class.php are currently fixated on two shipping classes and four delivery zones.

If you look at how the template iterates across the four zones, that same technique can be used to create a companion loop to iterate across x-number of shipping classes. Comparable code changes in shipping.class.php would also be required.

Are you a coder?

Hi,

I am wondering if it's possible when using the shipping by weight option in the module settings to have 3 option names?? If so where do you go to change this and how so??

Why not simply use the All in One Shipping module ? The Shipping by Weight is simplistic but not really of any use once AIO was added to core code

Ian