v6.0.0b5 Currency Decimal Symbol confusion

Dirty Butter

I'm playing with the latest beta 6 using a copy of my database, so there are plenty of products. On opening the homepage I saw that the prices did not have decimal points in them, so USD showed $50.00 as $5000. On going to the Currency page in Admin to see what was going on, I see that NONE of the Decimal Symbols are filled in. This seems odd to me, as I would have to look up many of these currencies to discover what to put there.

I have installed 5 languages in v6.

Why would CC not provide the currency settings brought over from the upgrade from v5, at least for the languages installed within v6?

I had deleted the error log because it was getting so big. Mostly the same errors over and over that I've been seeing for a long time. Sorry.

As long as my behavior is not expected behavior, we can revisit this if needed when I actually upgrade the live v5 with the v6.0 upgrade.

Another report:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19131

Here's a thought: some database installations are configured to not allow uncontrolled updates. That is:

UPDATE `CubeCart_currency` SET `symbol_decimal` = '.';
UPDATE `CubeCart_currency` SET `symbol_thousand` = ',';

is uncontrolled because every row will be updated. There is a config setting that prohibits this, and requires a WHERE clause, even if that clause is:

WHERE true

The decimal symbol and thousands symbol are the typical, world-wide characters, a period and a comma. In CC5, the means to show whether it's comma-period or period-comma is set to show comma-period for all currencies.

If the store actually uses a currency in a locale where the order is period-comma, the store admin will need to make the edit to the Currency page.

Personally, I would have thought that querying PHP's locale setting would make the adjustment automatically, but maybe that's not possible or not dependable.

I've changed the currencies I know about to decimal points, but I left unfamiliar ones alone. Initially ALL showed a zero in the Decimal Symbol column. ALL Thousands Separators were initially set to a comma. I have not made any changes to that.

Bsmither - Would the query you helped me run to get the decimal point back in my v5 downgraded store have anything to do with this?

Yes. Having reset the symbol_decimal back to zero (and, an uncontrolled UPDATE is apparently not your problem) for the benefit of CC5 is all that we did. The CC6 update to the database schema, having added and populated the symbol_thousands column, was not removed nor emptied. IMPORTANT: Nor did we remove the latest entries to the CubeCart_history table, which now contains evidence that this database schema is at the CC600b5 level.

Your initial post indicates something a bit different, but...

Thus, when you copied over this database to be used by CC6, this evidence existed telling CubeCart that the database was already at this level and no need to update. Therefore, the symbol_decimal remained at zero (instead of being UPDATEd to a period) and the symbol_comma was already there.

Which, when all is brought together, the zero (0) was used as the decimal character and all your prices were expressed as: $49000.