Product Exchange

jbringolf

Welcome jbringolf! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I do not follow what you are wanting to do.

An "in progress" order? Is this an order that has been paid for, but not yet shipped? In admin, Orders, click the edit icon of the order you want to review. On the Order Summary, click the Inventory tab. You can change the Order's items by adding an item(s) and/or removing an item/items. The Grand Total will change but you can override that. Click Save.

Is this a situation where the customer has shipped a purchase back to you?

No, you would not need to adjust stock levels manually - although I haven't checked if removing an item increments the stock level. The text field is a "suggestive search" entry. That is, when you start typing the product code or product name (at least three characters), there will be a list of possibilities that will fly out. By choosing one of the possibilities, you are choosing to let CubeCart manage stock levels.

CC6 has added the ability to make the choices from the product's options if there any.

If you choose to enter the name of a product that CubeCart can't "suggest", then this item is not considered an item in your inventory.

• 8 months later...
  1. A customer ordered one item and now does not want that item but wants 2 different items for the same total price.  On the Inventory page I have changed the original item which is a lower price and then I add the second item. The inventory comes up and adds it to the order.  When I save the order the second item goes away.  When I go to the first page which shows the order the order shows item 1 and the grand total shows as if both items are there but does not show item 2 which makes the grand total.  How do I get this second item to show so that I can print off the complete order.
Edited by Crysties
clarification

As I replied elsewhere to your above comment, I added the second item but the item didn't show once I hit Save or Save/Reload.  I did find that after I added the second Item, I then added on a 3rd line but did not put an item in it.  The  order now saves all lines and is now correct in the Admin section but not in the Customer section.

Several things happened.  When I added the two new items in Admin/Order/Inventory they did not show on the original order but Admin Inventory is correct.  I then deleted the original Item.  Now the original order in the customer section no longer shows.  No order shows at all even though the order is in Admin Inventory.  How do I get the whole order to show in the customer section or is that not possible?  Also see the other post that my checkout is not going to PayPal to process the credit card.

I have performed the same steps as you describe (add an item to an order, test, delete an item, test).

In the customer's Account/Order History, the order remains in the list and is displaying with the new item and then displaying without the removed item as expected.

So, you may need to have someone look real deep into your hosting account to find out what is happening with your CubeCart installation.

• 2 months later...