Creating Gift Certificates

tvgadmin

Thank you for telling me about the dummy order. I finished my project in about 5 minutes after reading this. All I did was exported the GC column to a CSV file and replicated the columns that were the same, captured some of noodles codes (thank you by the way) and re-uploaded it. Tell you the truth, you don't even need a dummy order either. You can actually manually input a GC into the database, download the CSV file and replicate the rest of them. Someone should put that into the KB lol -- But everything is set, everything works and I thank you all for the help! smile.png

"you don't even need a dummy order"

On another reading of the code, if a GC does not have in its record the cart_order_id, the query for the order status from the Order Summary database table will return false.

The test I was referring to earlier wants to make sure that order's status is (effectively paid for).

But when the query returns false, that test isn't even made because there was no order.

That raises a problem: the GC is now indistinguishable from a coupon.

So, you should keep this limitation in mind -- Cubecart will allow the customer to use just one coupon. (Don't know why.) CubeCart will let the customer use as many GCs as the customer has codes for.

Because this has happened, I fear the GC, now no different than a coupon when the customer enters the code, will acquire the 'use it (all) or lose (the rest)' characteristic of a coupon.

• 1 year later...

The Gift Certificate feature of CubeCart allows for the GC to have some physicality -- an actual plastic card, a sheet of paper -- something that is actually tangible.

When enabling the GC feature (admin, Gift Certificates), one of the properties is the "Delivery Method". By choosing "Digital Only", CubeCart should now treat the order having a GC purchase (if no other items in that order are tangible) as a 'digital' order and suppress the shipping-related aspects of checking out.

Please verify that the Gift Certificates settings screen has the desired "Delivery Method".