Unlocking a Blocked Account

tvgadmin

How do I unblock a locked account?

I managed to lock myself out of my own store (lol) by forgetting I had the caps lock on. Now this is not my admin login, this is a customer account I created to test things. That being said, I was blocked from accessing it. I could not find anywhere how to unblock my account (or anyone elses for that matter).

I tried to create another account and it blocked the creation of that as well (givenly) but than created it after I had to go in and delete the user.class.php file after 15 minutes of not allowing me to sign in. Not sure why it held onto that information if it was blocked from creating it.

The default block time is 600 seconds, reset after every failed attempt. And the default number of attempts is five. So, after five failed attempts, wait 10 minutes.

Unless you are running a version of CC5 where this isn't fixed.

However, if you correctly recall the password, use a different browser to try the next attempt. The Blocker code matches up the browser's User-Agent string.

There is no administrative action that can be taken to unblock a blocked person/computer/browser from trying to log in.

If you have access to the database using an external utility, such as phpMyAdmin, you can delete the rows held in the CubeCart_blocker table.