Backups fail

jefferis

Working for a client.  The previous backup folder is 755.  When I try to back up files or database, I am getting errors... either a 500 internal server error or a non resolving page.  

Any suggestions? Ideas?     There are older file and db backups in the folder, but that shouldn't be an issue, should it? 

WARNING: Your store is not up-to-date, v5.2.16 is available, but you are running v5.2.13

Thanks.  I was able to backup, but now it appears the upgrade itself is failing for the same reason.  I will contact tech support since the code error I'm sending should not be public. 

Okay, I can't do that. I am the web guy for this client and not the owner of the cart.   I will edit this for domain name

Copying www logs.......log file sizes [4183317 byte(s)]......ftp.cigs.com-ftp_log.offset......ftp.cigs.com-ftp_log......cigs.com-ssl_log......cigs.com......cigs.com-bytes_log......ftp.cigs.com-ftp_log.offsetftpbytes...Done

Copy userdata...Done

Copy custom virtualhost templates...Done

Leaving timeout safety mode

Copying mailman lists and archives....

Done

Copying homedir.............

Done

Calculating nobody files............

Done

Entering timeout safety mode

Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.5......mysqldump version: 5.5...Saving mysql privs...Done

Fail to backup horde data for user cigs: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 96

Cpanel::Exception::new('Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error', 'Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x1aa85c0)', 'HASH(0x4fd20a0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 47

Cpanel::Exception::create('Database::Error', 'Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x1aa85c0)', 'HASH(0x4fd20a0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 55

Cpanel::Exception::create_raw('Database::Error', 'DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', 'HASH(0x4fd20a0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 79

Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception('Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x4ffd9f8)', 'DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 70

Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler('DBD::mysql::db do failed: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_gen...', 'Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x4ffd9f8)', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Horde/Utils.pm line 56

Cpanel::Horde::Utils::build_backup('Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::db=HASH(0x4ffd9f8)', 'ARRAY(0x2ce7258)', '/home/7249.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.YkrSmIvWzXdUEd8q.tmp/...', 5.1.4, 'horde') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Horde/Backup.pm line 44

Cpanel::Horde::Backup::backup('Cpanel::Horde=HASH(0x4ff68a0)', 'cigs', '/home/7249.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.YkrSmIvWzXdUEd8q.tmp/...', 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 1092

eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 1092

Script::Pkgacct::script('Script::Pkgacct', 'cigs', '/home/7249.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.YkrSmIvWzXdUEd8q.tmp', 'userbackup') called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 116

...Done

Storing mysql dbs............

cigs_ccrt1(38116679 bytes) ...Done

Copying cpuser file.......Done

Copying crontab file.......Done

Copying quota info.......Done

Storing Subdomains....

Done

Storing Parked Domains....

Done

Storing Addon Domains....

Done

Storing SSL domain......Done

Copying password.......Done

Copying shell.......Done

Creating Archive ....................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

One or more files in the home directory were not readable and were not copied.  Please review the home directory upon completion of transfer

ERROR: Error(s) encountered in tar during archiving:

/home/cigs/.cpanel/tracker/cigs.com: Cannot open file: Permission denied at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct line 1769.

Done

pkgacctfile is: /home/7249.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.YkrSmIvWzXdUEd8q.tmp/backup-2.20.2015_18-49-38_cigs.tar.gz

md5sum is: 580f45f5b20acedcb9faf87907f856a7

size is: 324883789

homesize is: 1481887744

pkgacctfile is: /home/cigs/backup-2.20.2015_18-49-38_cigs.tar.gz

I have no definitive answer, but it looks as if you had cPanel backup your entire hosted account. As if you were to restore your cPanel with a different host.

I think what you really want to do is to backup just the "public_html" folder, and backup just the database that CubeCart uses.

Hi All
I'm having the same issues using the backup tool timing out, so going manual.
My hosting provider is experiencing difficulties and I want to make a file backup, also for the future move to the next level, currently on :

Script Version 5.2.13 PHP Version 5.3.29 MySQL Version 50542 Image folder size 470.90 MB Download folder size

I have backed up the entire site through the CPanel already and also downloaded to another system
But as a separate backup to restore the Cube Cart site, which are the important files to back up ?

The backup process actually overwrites all CubeCart code. The only files that do not get overwritten are those that are created/installed after installation:

/includes/global.inc.php

/includes/extra/*anything other than index.php*

/skins/*any skin not named any of the stock skins*

/language/*any language not named any of the stock languages*

/modules/*any module not named any of the stock modules*

/images/logos/*

/images/source/*

So, if you are going to nuke-n-pave, get these files in a save location first.