Recaptcha "The verification code was incorrect. Please try again&#

Jim Rodi

New to this forum,

Hi,

I saw that this issue was discussed a few months ago, but I didn't see the solution.

re: making a purchase.

After I click to buy, and then fill in the customer information, and then input the recaptcha word....I get this error "The verification code was incorrect. Please try again." I retry and retry but the same result. If I try the verbal one...same result.

What is the fix for this?

I should also point out, My recaptcha only lists one word to solve. I have read there should be two.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, this comes up on a daily basis. I'm sorry to say there is no fix.. its just too difficult!

If you use version 6 it has the new Google reCAPTCHA which is easier but it needs to be enabled in th stores settings. 

I'd suggest;

1. upgrade to v6
  2. disabling reCAPTCHA on your current install in the stores settings

Al,

one more thing if I could. I upgraded to 6.0. The same thing happened, but I see there is now a choice to select "new recaptcha". So I did, entered the site key and secret key. but the recaptcha no longer appears at check out. Is there something I'm missing?

the foundation skin did work. Thanks. And it looks good.  I like it better than the vanilla skin. But the digital download link received in the email no longer works. Either clicked from email or put into directly into the browser. It doesn't find the page. In 5.2.16 the link pulled the pdf right up. If there isn't a quick reason for this, I'll get started with the helpdesk.

Thanks