Review spam

stevensonplumbing

Is there a way to disable the automatic email that get's sent to the cubecart admin every time a review needs approved (ver 5.2.16) ?

I'm getting more than a few spam reviews (1,000+ per week). For a long time, I set my email inbox filter to just delete the approval messages, though now my email provider thinks that there are so many messages (with suspect content) that I must be sending spam.

I've had to temporarily turn off the review function to stop the emails coming in, though obviously that means my reviews arn't visible to the public anymore.

The reviews themselves are easy to deal with and delete, that's not the problem, I just don't want the confirmation emails being sent to me (1000 per week is one every ten minutes).

Any ideas ? I'm guessing it's just a line of code that needs deleted.

Mike.

In the file /classes/cubecart.class.php, near line 2266, find:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->catalogue['notify_review_submit']);
                    $mail                    = Mailer::getInstance();
                    $record['link']         = $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/'.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','adminFile').'?_g=products&node=reviews&edit='.$GLOBALS['db']->insertid();
                    $record['product_name']    = $product['name'];
                    $content                = $mail->loadContent('admin.review_added', $GLOBALS['language']->current(), $record);
                    if (!empty($content)) {
                        $mail->sendEmail($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address'), $content);
                    }

Try supressing the email by making the sendEmail() statement a comment:

//  $mail->sendEmail($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address'), $content);