When updating or searching defaults to dashboard

firetrader

When we update an order, or process, or manual enter we are consistently being redirected to the dash board.
Its becoming very frustrating, our web hoster has moved us to a faster server, this does not seem to have helped.

We have cleared cache, browsing history, reset logs, and rebooted to no avail, its always happened in frequently but seems to be getting much worse.

If it does not do this we get the internal error timeouts

Any Ideas, costing us time and money now ?

Andy

There are some interesting conversations about this. One in particular:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

And this looks interesting in that an error_log file is created where any problems might show up:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

There was one other instance where the POSTed data was soooo..... huge, the web server's settings truncated the data. With POSTed data missing, the Security Token would have disappeared.

This article is relevant. https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/215/40/my-store-redirects-to-the-admin-dashboard-when-i-click-save

Also CubeCart has CSRF protection. The security token in every form MUST match that of the session. This means that you can't have more than one window open. CubeCart will panic that you session has been hijacked. This may be annoying but it's a very required security feature.

Please also make sure that every staff member has their own login. You can't have more than one user with the same login using the admin side of the store at the same time. CubeCart checks the browser I'd and will log you out if it doesn't match the one from the previous page load!

We are increasingly seeing this with clients on other hosting companies and is yet another restriction that companies are adding. A value needs to be set and companies are often unwilling to change this so only option then is to move to a different hosting company

Also CubeCart has CSRF protection. The security token in every form MUST match that of the session. This means that you can't have more than one window open. CubeCart will panic that you session has been hijacked. This may be annoying but it's a very required security feature.Please also make sure that every staff member has their own login. You can't have more than one user with the same login using the admin side of the store at the same time. CubeCart checks the browser I'd and will log you out if it doesn't match the one from the previous page load!

This is very important ! We often see people using a single admin login for multiple people and also logging in using multiple browsers at the same time and wondering why they have problems. If you need / want to open a session in a different browser then close down the others first

Ian

We do have multiple user signons, never sharedand this morning I have a single session running today, no one else, no other computers
I have in the past run numerous tabs open within the browser and not had issues before.

This morning, I can even check orders without cubecart defaulting to the dashboard or getting the 404 error.

I'm unsure if its the hosting provider or Cubecart.

Becoming desperate.

Andy

Hi Andy, if it was always fine and your store hasn't changed its either a hosting issue or even local issue blocking the session cookies. Have you tried other browsers and or computers in different locations?

Yes, here at home and all have had caches cleared, history cleared.

Customers are getting offline pages, looks to be hosting as some problems are all converging, just spoke to the hosting agent, they had issues with the server and have moved me to another, claim to be a seamless change ???.