New Skin for My Website

Brian T

I wonder if anyone can help.  I'd like my website to look a little more professional and up to date, and feel a better skin would help.

Does anyone know of any commercial ones (preferably not excessively expensive, but easy to install) which they'd recommend.  I'd ideally like a scrolling image as well but not sure if that's possible without an add-on).

My current website is  www.mentalstarters.co.uk

Many thanks

Hi Brian

You are running V5 so you have a choice of a few commercial skins altnough unfortunately good quality skins are few and far between at the moment. Two of the best are Vector and Blueprint but there is an increasing doubt about the developer who has disappeared. The skins still work well and are far above anything else in terms of functionality and many stores are continuing to use them but....

V6 is due out of beta shortly and only comes with a basic but responsive skin but watch this space...

Ian

Thanks Ian - I saw those two, and they did look good.  I think there was a 7 day trial and wondered whether it would be worth trying that first to see if it would look ok before committing to buying it.

Does the disappearance of the developer mean they are not easy to purchase?

Having downloaded the trial and placed Fusion and BLueprint in the correct places, following the installation instructions on their website, I get an error when I go into the Fusion Configuration panel.  It just give a message referring to iconCube PHP Loader needing to be installed.

Not sure what that is - the page won't let me copy the whole thing.

Hi

IonCube is a php encoding system that is normally installed at the server level (it can be installed locally) and is used by many third party developers and until very recently when CubeCart went open source was also required for CubeCart to run as well.

You could ask your hosting company to install it, but if it isnt already installed, the chances are that they wont do it for you

Ian