Is the max_input_vars issue resolved in V6?

Hi

I dont believe anything has changed in this respect in V6 and I would contend that this is a hosting restriction / issue far more than it is a CubeCart issue. It is not as if the values required are excessively high, it is more about the big / cheap hosting providers over configuring shared hosting servers to squeeze a few (hundred) more sites onto each server. My advice would be to find a better hosting company - you always get what you pay for with hosting - cheap is cheap for a reason

Ian

It will be the same. There is no solution other than to increase the value of this setting. :)

Which is almost always not possible for users as it is a restricted server setting and the only reason it will be a problem is if the hosting company has reduced it from the normal default settings

Ian

I'd imagine if a shared server is restricting the vars limit to the point where it's blocking that, there's also a pretty solid chance that it might be running a limit on the amount of get data sent size wise as well, so if you do go that route, I'd have a check to make sure you're not going to be hitting that. Looks like 512 characters is a limit for them on some suphp setups

I agree this needs to be considered. On the whole I think this issue mainly happens on pages where say it lists out all categories that can be assigned. This means that the average array key value will be two or three characters in length. It's more likely the max_input_vars will be exceeded than get data size. I'd imagine it uses the 'upload_max_filesize'?! This is normally 2mb or more which is big!

I'm seeing this issue more and more. I think the default max_input_vars is 1000 which is pretty large. Hosts (or a big host) must either be reducing it or its only affecting customers with a very large inventory size.

No matter I think some JS can handle this quite easily with the following logic:

If the counted amount of input variable is larger than max_input_vars, serialize them and then disable them all on submit. Or.. if we think the solution is really solid.. do this regardless of the  max_input_vars size.