Orders disappearing then reappearing, then disappearing

firetrader

I am having so many issues at the moment

We put in a manual order, system accepted it after 3 attempts.
Now when we go to view the order, it does not show, search by either Order name or number.

Wait 10 minutes went in again, and low and behold its there, update the order, system defaults to dashboard, and order is gone again, unable to be found.

Any help would be appreciated, should I open a Support Ticket ?

version is 5.2.13

Andy

Hi

Is your current version as shown in your signature ? Have you made any changes to core files ? The number and type of issues you seem to be having are indicative of poorly made changes to core files or possibly hosting issues (although not sure what hosting problem could be causing this issue)

Ian

Hi

Is your current version as shown in your signature ? Have you made any changes to core files ? The number and type of issues you seem to be having are indicative of poorly made changes to core files or possibly hosting issues (although not sure what hosting problem could be causing this issue)

Ian

No Changes what soever in the past 3 months, version sorry is 5.2.13

Also today, we update an order, enter delivery details, change to complete and save, save and update, order says order complete, we then go to unsettled orders, and the same order is back again, as processing ?????

Check the hosting provider hasn't added code to the .htaccess file forcing crazy over cache. We have seen this a lot recently. It could be that the server is telling your browser to load old outdated content.

How do I do this, what do I look for ?

Can I do this through a cpanel ?

In reading your reply, it looks that this is happening, I had customers calling yesterday to say the store is offline, when it was net ?

They were getting a message from 3 days prior 

Hi

If running core CubeCart or even if same code that has been running fine for many weeks, then it has almost certainly got to be a hosting issue. Sorry to have to keep saying it, but more and more hosting companies are screwing their server settings as tight as they can in order to fit thousands of sites onto one server - you cannot charge a few dollars / pounds per month for hosting without something suffering.

Ian

Hi

If running core CubeCart or even if same code that has been running fine for many weeks, then it has almost certainly got to be a hosting issue. Sorry to have to keep saying it, but more and more hosting companies are screwing their server settings as tight as they can in order to fit thousands of sites onto one server - you cannot charge a few dollars / pounds per month fir hosting without something suffering.

Ian

Hi Ian

I agree, just got confirmation from the hosting supplier, they changed my server , seamless they say no issues. HA !

But where to now, how do I fix this issue myself or what do i ask of them to fix 

Move hosting companies ! Seriously, for them to have caused this number of issues without telling you in the first place of a server move and then claiming it should cause no problems - you get what you pay for !

Hi Ian,

I'm not with a cheap hosting provider, far from it so it has nothing to do about your assumption of getting what you pay for.

My issue is that I f I do a complete backup and move to a new hosting agent, the costs involved, the time involved, re purchasing applying SSL certificates, and do I move my problem across as well ?

Hi

Well I cant talk about what any other hosting companies could or could not do, but we would move your complete hosting account over to us for free and as we host a large number of CubeCart sites (from small startups to multi million £ / $ turnover businesses) without any of these types of issues, I can say that it is highly unlikely you will have the issues once you have migrated over and even if you do, we offer free CubeCart support for clients on our E-Commerce hosting plans. If you have an SSL already then you can simply re-apply for this to be re-issued using a new CSR

Ian