I've done it! :-)

ZAKS

• 2 weeks later...

Also not 100% sure about the background but personal choice I suppose. A few comments would be

1) Size and shape of main logo image doesnt look right and leaves lots of wasted, unused space at top of window

2) I would reposition the 3 items Search, Language and Trustwave logo elsewhere (ideally in the left or right hand columns) and then you could use the space to reposition the logo after turning it into a banner style one - ie long and thin

3) You should get you clients to only upload portrait or landscape images not a mix of the two

4) I think it would also be better to remove one of the side columns (right hand side, leaving the left would be my preference) and combine everything in one column - that would balance the page out much better.

Ian

Thanks very much for the feed back, it's really appreciated.

I chose the pink as it was the standard skin that was the closest match to my logo colours, not my favourite colour either but needs must I think.

Unfortunately, my technical expertise doesn't stretch to moving the blocks around (although I do agree that a little re-adjustment would improve the asthetics), if this is something that's easier to do than it sounds then i'd be very pleased to learn! :on2long:

Finally, as i'm the client and creator I shall take on board your suggestion regarding one type of photo orientation, never thought of that before, but it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again.

I've just been looking at all the files held within my admin area of my host.

Whilst I understand the (very basic) basics i'm having trouble finding things.

For example I needed to add my site seal to my site (just the 'verify' sticker not the full ssl certificate setup)...I understood to put it within the 'main.php' file, but I couldn't find it anywhere, even after looking through (what I thought) was all files relating to my site.

In the end I had to ask my host to do it (tsohost - HIGHLY recommend as they've always been great and incredibly helpful).  They did it straight away, but I think I'll have to ask them where the main.php file is so I can try things out for myself....knowledge is power!!  :D