v6 Add to Cart problems

Dirty Butter

I saved all the edits I've made to v6 and Foundation, but I've discovered a problem with Add to Cart. Thinking it was something I had edited, I forced a restore back to virgin v6.0.0b6.

The issues still exist.

1) It may have been there all along, as I had been testing Add to Cart with the first item in Latest Products. Adding the FIRST item works.

The problem comes if I try to FIRST buy an item further down the page FROM the homepage (NOT from the full page for that item). The FIRST item on the page is added to the basket, regardless of which item I was trying to buy. Thinking the first product listing was corrupted in some way, I disabled it, but then the new First item shows up in the basket every time.

I've tried different browsers, rebooted the computer, emptied the Save Cart in cpanel, deleted the cache - even though cache is disabled. Nothing fixes it.

2) Trying to Add to Cart from a Category page, without clicking to get the full information, causes a 403.

3) Trying to Sort causes a 403.

I've temporarily disabled the offending Add to Cart buttons and added the More Info button - will change back when help is available. At least with the offending buttons disabled we might get a sale!

In skinsfoundationjscubecart.validate.js, line 27, there is a jQuery selector "form.add_to_basket" which, I believe, contains a collection of all the relevant forms on the page, or, at least refers to the first form on the page:

$("form.add_to_basket").validate({
        submitHandler: function(form) {console.debug(form);
            add_to_basket(form);
        }
    });

I will futz around and try to get code that distinguishes which of the various forms was clicked in.

We've had sales since I commented out the problem buttons. Since it is a bug. Is it OK if I go back to my own version with the offending buttons not in use for now? In fact I like the concept that a customer can't buy until they have seen the description!