Dropship Shipping Module

Anticore

Running current 6.0.0.b7

I am having a predicament. 

I have my site pretty much how I want it but I have 8 vendors who supply my inventory. Each vendor drop-ships my inventory to my customers. Each vendor has a different shipping method. 

I thought about incorporating the price of shipping into the retail cost of the item and charge free shipping, however for some items it would not make sense since of the customer ordered three of the same item they could conceivably all be shipped for roughly the same price as a single item.

Is there a method using what I have now to be able to at the very least offer a shipping method "By manufacturer?"

This is something I didn't really think about before getting this far. I guess I should have. 

Is there anyone who can make this, or give me a good method of finding a shipping cost to items that come from multiple vendors?

Any solutions will be appreciated. 

Christopher Rowe

Without a custom plugin, the best solution I can envision is to put each product into a (primary) category that is associated with the manufacturer, and set up Shipping by Category. But that still might be a cost per item, with the cost being multiplied by the number of items. I'll have to check.

With Per Category, you can have a shipping cost per shipment and/or per item.

So, assign Product A (from Manufacturer A) to a primary category of Category A. Then, in Category A settings, Shipping tab, set the cost per shipment.

"ordered three of the same item they could conceivably all be shipped for roughly the same price as a single item."

There is no conceivably about this. If a customer orders 1,000 units of Product A, from Category A (Manufacturer A), it will still be that one single cost.

Hi

We wrote a drop shipping / supplier mod for CubeCart V4 that had various functionality especially aimed at drop shipping (we havent yet rewritten this for V5 / V6 but are considering it if there is interest) but shipping was always an issue. I think your best approach would be to use the All in One Shipping module because the flexability of defining zones by any number of different parameters would probably work best. However, there is an even bigger problem - have you thought about what happens if your customers order products that need to be dropped shipped from two, three or four different suppliers.

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ian

We did speak on PM, but I started looking at this and realized that I would really need to know how this works and be able to modify it myself, as I would need to be in control and able to change it regularly. Therefore I basically learnt enough PHP and MySQL and wrote some pages which downloads and imports. Not a plugin but working well, taken a long time to get it where it is now, but about to go live.

Took enough to get it working using straight php/mysql, I dread to think how long it would take to create it as a plugin! The format is also very specific to the one wholesaler I am using.

• 9 months later...
On 3/7/2015 at 7:46 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

Hi

We wrote a drop shipping / supplier mod for CubeCart V4 that had various functionality especially aimed at drop shipping (we havent yet rewritten this for V5 / V6 but are considering it if there is interest) but shipping was always an issue. I think your best approach would be to use the All in One Shipping module because the flexability of defining zones by any number of different parameters would probably work best. However, there is an even bigger problem - have you thought about what happens if your customers order products that need to be dropped shipped from two, three or four different suppliers.

Ian

Hello Ian

Have you written the plugin? As I'm very interested in the plugin. Please drop me a note.

Thanks Abe  

hi ,im having the same problem as the original poster and wondered if there is a way to have free shipping on some items but not on others

everythings about ready to go but i cant get around the different shipping.i have installed all in one but cant add specific postage amounts to different items

would be good if you could add a shipping price to each item like you do the price