i think i may have been hacked , Website not working! Error 404

mayhem69

Hi, i went to login to my admin today and on my admin it showed my license key, and wanted me to login and leave blank to use free cubecart software.  So i did not know what to do, so i left blank, and it logged me in, my whole site is blank, error 404, please help!!  I cannot seem to connect to Cubecart Tech through the usual source.

My site is UnionShirtSupply.com

ps. - i did switch my domain provider recently but that is it!  I have the same hoster.

I do not kow what to do , i cannot access my site, please help, im a noob!

Somehow, your installation of CubeCart (probably) has not been able to communicate with the CubeCart license servers. (Probably) The license key has expired.

I can't help you with this, but you will given excellent advice to upgrade to CC5216. CC5216 is licensed under GPLv3. That means free as in "free beer" (but not so much "freedom").

Somehow, your installation of CubeCart (probably) has not been able to communicate with the CubeCart license servers. (Probably) The license key has expired.

I can't help you with this, but you will given excellent advice to upgrade to CC5216. CC5216 is licensed under GPLv3. That means free as in "free beer" (but not so much "freedom").

i was pretty sure when i bought my license it was a one time fee.  I cant believe this happened with no email or anything?  who do i contact to help me?  i cannot seem to contact the techs.

It is a one time payment. Your license does not expire. I made a bad choice of words when I said the license key has expired. It hasn't.

However, CubeCart checks for the validity of the license on a regular basis -- comparing the domain you say the license is for vs. the domain the store is currently answering to.

If CubeCart cannot verify the domain the license is for, there is a grace period (I don't know for how long). I have no information of whether or not CubeCart informs you that the grace period is about to expire.

Download the latest CC5 version. That would be 5.2.16. Copy just these files over the existing files:

index.php

admin.php

It is a one time payment. Your license does not expire. I made a bad choice of words when I said the license key has expired. It hasn't.

However, CubeCart checks for the validity of the license on a regular basis -- comparing the domain you say the license is for vs. the domain the store is currently answering to.

If CubeCart cannot verify the domain the license is for, there is a grace period (I don't know for how long). I have no information of whether or not CubeCart informs you that the grace period is about to expire.

Download the latest CC5 version. That would be 5.2.16. Copy just these files over the existing files:

index.php

admin.php

i do not how to do this stuff, all i know is i lost everything! 

ok, i got lucky , i copied the old license # and pasted in the general settings, where license # goes, and voila!  everything is back to normal now.