Need installation or upgrade assistance?

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

I just had CubeCart Support upgrade my store from Version 4 to the latest Version 6.  They did a fantastic job!  My store has over 4,000 products and over 8,000 customers.  All the data is in perfect condition after the upgrade.  The upgrade was done quickly and professionally.  I couldn't be happier with their service.  If you are the least bit nervous about upgrading, purchase a support plan and let the experts do it.  You'll be glad you did!

13 minutes ago, xmasnut said:

I just had CubeCart Support upgrade my store from Version 4 to the latest Version 6.  They did a fantastic job!  My store has over 4,000 products and over 8,000 customers.  All the data is in perfect condition after the upgrade.  The upgrade was done quickly and professionally.  I couldn't be happier with their service.  If you are the least bit nervous about upgrading, purchase a support plan and let the experts do it.  You'll be glad you did!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm so happy that you are happy and this recognition goes a long way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2016 at 8:47 PM, xmasnut said:

I just had CubeCart Support upgrade my store from Version 4 to the latest Version 6.  They did a fantastic job! 

Thanks for the recommendation, I have a store running v3 (not as extensive as yours, less than 700 items) and want to upgrade to v6 and seeing your message, I just chatted on-line to Al and he's going to do that for me after my holiday.  I've been wrestling with it for a while (skinning a v6 clone) and know it will take a lot of stressful hours for me to get it done and this will be a much happier solution.  I wouldn't have considered it without your post, so thanks.  A decision has been made and I feel much happier.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the best way to find out which files were changed from v. 6.1.7 to 6.1.8? I don't need the changes itemized, just which files are different. For reasons not worth explaining, some of the core files have been customized, so I prefer to do upgrades file by file when possible. Also, were there any database changes in 6.1.8?

Thanks,

Nancy

• 2 months later...

I have a client that is currently running CC ver 6.0.8 and another client who is running CC ver 6.1.4 can I use the upgrade tab in the maintenace menu to upgrade to the latest ver

Best Regards, Peterp

Thanks for the advice,

Would I have to upgrade to the next version or can I go from the clients current version directing to the current version.

the versions I'm talking about are 6.0.8 and 6.1.4

Thanks

Best regards,

Peterp

• 5 months later...

You will lose all changes you have made to the core code.

For skins, we recommend you copy the customized Foundation skin folder to a backup location, also make a copy of the original Foundation skin for the current version, and make a list of any changes between them. Then have CubeCart update (includes updating the Foundation skin), then re-apply the changes to the new version.

Restoring select files of core code from a backup results in mixed versions of code on your site. That's not good.

The number of differences in core code between CC610 and CC6114 will be numerous.

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

Al did a custom mod on my website to not automatically allow people to access the pricing just by registering (registration needs approval now) and the site needs upgrading, am I able to do that through the automatic upgrade within cubecart or will that get rid of the modifications made? Currently I've lost my sitelock badge due to vulnerabilities in cubecart because it's out of date. Version 6.2.2 is available but I'm running 6.1.13.

thanks

Welcome LWartist! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

That depends, of course, on how the added functionality has been implemented: code snippet or plugin, or hard-coded edits to the core code.

If you were told which, we have the answer:

Snippets or plugin -- yes, the standard methods of upgrading will have the added functionality survive and be operational in the new version.

Hard edits to the core code -- no, after the update, those edits will need to found and documented so they can be re-applied to the code of the new version.

In admin, Manage Extensions, look through the list to determine if there are any plugins whose name would indicate that "Registration Needs Approval".

Also, in admin, Manage Hooks, Code Snippets tab, look through the list to determine if there are any snippets whose name would indicate that "Registration Needs Approval".

If none found, we must then assume (until Al comments on this) the feature is hard-coded.

aha yep, he's called it FluidForce custom module. I'm assuming this would've been coded into the template somewhere though? not sure how the module work particularly... I've updated another site previously and have lost a module I had purchased for it and it needed reinstalling (not by Al)

Having "lost a module" is unusual after an upgrade. There are very few scenarios where that could happen: PHP was also upgraded at the same time, or the upgrade involved installing to a blank, fresh directory. Otherwise, the plugin would not have been overwritten by the upgrade.

True, sometimes a plugin's added functionality will also include instructions on what to modify with respect to the skin templates, if necessary. If you are using a skin other than the stock Foundation, that skin will not be overwritten by the upgrade.

Archived