Comments Please

kalyncomputers

My clients likes the look of CC6 so I have done a test install on a spare domain - http://www.labpif.com

I haven't done much hacking and I still have one minor thing to sort out - background colour for the cart and login but....

I have learned a lot about the way the Foundation skin works it isn't easy but it ain't to hard either, particularly with help from Al and bsmither and reading lots and lots of posts from other people.

Play as much as you like - there are no payment options installed but everything else works - I hope.

Tim

Hi

The Foundation skin has a nice default layout which you have tweeked some and it's good to see people starting to play with it !

However I dont think the logo works very well at al - size, style and positioning up against the menu - maybe consider a larger transparent logo so doesnt look so blocky.

Dont like the login / register "buttons" - you could just make them simple links ?

Ian

Had a fiddle with the logo - thinned it down a bit and added some space above and below and I have to say that I do think it looks better - the client probably won't notice!

Login/Register - that one is proving a little more tricky for me with my limited knowledge of php & html. I can do a link and display it but not in the right place, it either sits above the basket which is ok-ish or immediately above the right column

which I don't like.

So I had and idea and, just for the time being, I have created a category called Login/Register and it now sits in first place on the top bar. Until I can work something else out or someone comes up with a bright idea, that'll do for the moment!

Tim

Had a fiddle with the logo - thinned it down a bit and added some space above and below and I have to say that I do think it looks better - the client probably won't notice!

I agree that it looks a little better but the wrong logo for the style of the website but hey, the client designed it so what can you do lol

So I had and idea and, just for the time being, I have created a category called Login/Register and it now sits in first place on the top bar. Until I can work something else out or someone comes up with a bright idea, that'll do for the moment!

I dont like that "solution" as it causes so many other problems - need should restore to how it was before and then look at the css for that element

Ian