some products not adding to shopping cart

It was brought to my attention by customers that many of the products are not adding to my shopping cart. I randomly tried adding and about half of them didn't work. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Edited by jlennon1863

Yes I checked that and it is correctly set with the period. The strange part is that some products add fine and others don't.  I checked my settings to make sure I allow out of stock purchases and that is fine. I also checked to make sure they were assigned to categories and they are.

Edited by jlennon1863

I came across a problem on one of my V3 sites when using PHP 5.4, anything that had a non standard character resulted in an empty basket.

Now this might be totally unrelated, but I figured it's worth a mention just in case,  i notice the Cystal Cruet has imperial inch sign ".

This was the sort of thing causing my issue.

I think you have a bigger problem.

The site is incredibly slow to load - my internet speed is 14Mb down and 1Mb up so it should be fairly fast for me. When I click on 'add to basket' it takes 30-40 seconds minimum to do anything.

Also, if you go to a product page, the shopping cart disappears - I went to the link in your first post and couldn't see a basket at all, I had to click on 'home' before I saw it.

I can't add anything to the cart.

I am using Windows 7 & Chrome as standard - it's actually worse with IE8.

Tim

Please let us know the exact version of CubeCart you have: admin, Dashboard, Store Overview tab.

The web page is POSTing the data correctly, but CubeCart is either not responding or responding with a zero-length string for some products. For other products, and because the store's settings are this way, the response is a command to redirect to the View Basket page.

If you have access to PHP's error_log, the reason may be found there.

Are all your displayed products in-stock?

I am using v5.23.  I drop ship the products from vendors so I have them configured this way:

Show stock levels0.png
Allow out-of-stock purchases1.png

How do I access the error log?

The error_log is available if the PHP configuration that is available for your site has enabled it. If so, you might find it as one of the things in the hosting control panel (cPanel?) you can view and/or download.

Please read:

There will now be an error_log in the main folder of your CubeCart installation.

The version v5.23 is not correct. It may be 5.2.3. Or you may have found the version of MySQL or PHP.