PrestaShop vs CubeCart?

alastairbrian

Hi, I am looking to start a new store. Currently I have a store in PrestaShop (fmemodules.com), but now looking to try another with different CMS.

As I don't know much about Cubecart, So anyone can do a comparison that which is best. 

I already know much about PrestaShop but needs to know about CubeCart...

Hi Alastair,

Thanks for taking the time to write. Answering your question is tricky without knowing your requirements. CubeCart does everything out of the box most merchants require. Any additional functionality can be coded using code hooks or plugins so that it's possible to easily upgrade in the future without having to redo them.

We don't have a feature comparison list wth any other cart. Any I have seen comparing us are normally wildly out of date, inaccurate and heavily biased. If you see any for any cart.. take them with a pinch of salt.

Do you have any specific requirements?

• 3 months later...

My specific requirement:
Can Cubecart 6 monitor stock levels of different size attributes of my products? And present that information as a table?

I'm not the person who started the thread 4 months ago but in a similar position. I have installed Cubecart 6 on a test server and started watching videos and reading threads.

Can Cubecart 6 monitor stock levels of different size attributes of my products?

Yes.

And present that information as a table?

Currently, no. We're working on it. However, realize that any solution would really need to scale. A small table of Size = Stock is simple. A small grid of Size vs Color = Stock is also not too difficult. But for three dimension or more - that's complicated to display. It is very much like trying to draw a three dimensional object on paper. And forget about trying to draw a four or more dimension object on paper (see tesseract).

So far, this is all that I know of: http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19100

Thanks for help!
Just to check I'm not missing something:
Is there a way to group 10 products, called sizes 1-10, on a page together with one photo and a drop-down menu to select?
That way I suppose I'd get a visible table.

Yes that's fine.

(just as background for anyone else reading this...
I suppose each stallholder is different, but for me the stock come in fixed sizes and colours. I can order any choice of sizes, but for some stock there is a long lead time so I need to be more organised.

When I make stuff like belts, it makes sense for each size to be part of the same product; I can fiddle about with different straps at the last minute after an order has come in, so I can see why it it's easier have fewer products and relate each size to one product. Less products. Simpler sales records.

Some stallholders have a system of buying pre-packed cartons of clothing in fixed size ranges, so I suppose they'd relate each size to a single product as well;)

Edited by veganline
nothing much - just clarity