New fields in product specification

Eduard J

Hi,

I'm new to forum but been using cubecart for some time now, thinking to upgrade from V4 to V6 and currently developing new skin for V6, my question will be how can I add new fields for product specification instead of UPC, EAN codes I would need colour, dimension, length etc. 

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Hi Eduard,

In the product options section you can create options groups like Size & Colour and then add attributes like Red, Green, Large etc.. 

Once done you can assign the options you want using the Options tab of the add/edit product page. 

Hi,

Is not what I'm looking for to do each product I sell has different specification table, so what I'm looking is to get under specification snippet :

SPECIFICATION: Dimensions 2.23M Function(s) Static (ON / OFF ) Use Indoor & Outdoor Lead Cable to 1st LED 0.23M Number of LED 20 Power Source 3 x AA Batteries (not included) Size 2M ( 10cm between each LED) LED Colour Warm White Cable Colour Silver LED Size 3mm Warranty 1 Year

hope this helps to be more specific.

These appear to be attributes of a product -- not options that a customer can choose from.

As such, you can copy/paste a table into the description of each product.

Or, you can acquire a third-party solution created to handle and display extra fields holding these attributes.

The best solution I have found is Chuggy's "Additional Product Fields" (google for it). It is very versatile. (There is some concern about whether Chuggy and/or the ChuggySkins store is still in business. Plus, if you do get the plugin, there are one or two edits that need to be made.)

In another conversation in these forums, we solved the means of adding one or more additional tabs to the existing Description and Specification tabs displayed on the Product page.

I worked on it over the weekend -- explanations still needs to be polished. It's coming.

Send me a private message with your email if you want to help. (I have a philosophy that says, "Never let the programmers write the user manual.")

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I moved my specification tab out of the product description and added some fields to my database.  One of the fields was "item size" and now I can use for example 4L x 3W x 8H all on one line and I have the freedom to word it anyway I want.  I don't use the product dimensions or manufacturers that come with CubeCart.  Only fields that are populated in the admin/ products are shown so it can be difference for each product.  You can see an example here: https://www.claudiasbargains.com/butterflies-electric-candle-tart-potpourri-warmer.html

35 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I just posted an issue in the Github. See: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2107

Clarification provided upon request.

I kind of get the gist of what you've asked in the GitHub post, but trust you. I don't think I'm up to understanding it further.

I'll certainly take a look at what you've done, @Claudia M , but I am hoping to use the stock dimensions tables. I'm already having to work way too hard to make CC upgrades work with all my current customized code. :)

Archived