Additional Categories do not seem to be working in 6.0.1

platedepot

I upgraded to v 6.0.1 over the weekend.  One of my regular customers told me that my categories are not working properly.

When I update my products, I place the product in the proper primary category (by state) and in an additional !!NEW!! category to help call out the newly updated products.  I also use additional categories for products that are $1, $2 or $3.  When a customer selects any of these additional categories, nothing comes up.  I've tried as well on IE and Firefox.  All blank. The products do appear in the proper primary category.  The categories are set properly in control panel. 

My website is www.platedepot.com.  The !!NEW!! category is to the left and should be showing about 100 products when selected.  Thanks for any help.

MARK

Hi Al--

Thanks for the reply.  To answer you questions:

1.  I upgraded from 5.2.16
  2. Yes, I ran the setup process, but I don't think it ran correctly.  I typed in platedepot.com/setup and the very next screen was the new store all "upgraded".  There was no install/upgrade option as usual.
  3. I've received the following fatal errors:

[07-Mar-2015 11:21:30] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/96/8861796/html/classes/cart.class.php on line 1022
[07-Mar-2015 19:09:47] PHP Warning:  Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack. Old IP Address: '195.202.228.213' New IP Address: '195.202.228.213' Old User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.3 Safari/600.3.18' New User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B410 Safari/600.1.4' in /home/content/96/8861796/html/classes/session.class.php on line 640

[07-Mar-2015 16:37:32] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/96/8861796/html/classes/cart.class.php on line 1022  many many multiples of this error

[15-Mar-2015 18:34:06] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase' not found in /home/content/96/8861796/html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 22

[19-Mar-2015 23:40:40] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/content/96/8861796/html/classes/seo.class.php on line 756  many multiple of this error 

I've had Cubecart since version 3, and I'm sure that several of the upgrades probably didn't work properly due to 500 Internal Server Errors, which I get with every upgrade, backup or attempt to access the Dashboard.  Is there a setting I need to adjust to avoid these?  Would cleaning the database help? (I have over 2000 products and 8000 orders in the DB).

Thanks for your help

MARK

Hi

Fatal errors and 500 Internal Server Errors are all serious and shouldnt simply be ignored especially if happening as part of the upgrade process ! It sounds like the upgrade process did not complete properly - if you still have the /setup directory (or you can simply upload that directory) you can try running the database upgrade again and see if it completes or whether you get errors specifically caused by that process (rather than historical ones caused by other possible issues)

Ian