Address cannot be saved

Farl

I have a major problem on http://www.hebbestools.nl. People who signed in cannot add their address and so cannot place an order. I get the message: Saving address failed (translated from Dutch). 

There is no error about it in the error logboek in the admin. And I want to say we did not delete (drop) the database while upgrading to the latest version. I am using the latest version 6.0.2.

Can you verify that these form entries have something entered:

'first_name','last_name','line1','town','country','state','postcode'

'line1' is the street address.

Can a user save any changes made to an existing address?

This message will display if:

* any field mentioned above is considered empty (blank or a value that looks like zero)

* this address already exists exactly

* CubeCart believes the form submission is in a session that does not have a user "logged in"

* there is a problem with the database table CubeCart_addressbook where an UPDATE or an INSERT fails

Regarding the last condition, in admin, Maintenance, Database tab, check the box for the CubeCart_addressbook table, then at the bottom of the page, from the drop-down selector, select Repair and click Submit.

Hi, I am having the same problem.
I have two stores on the same server, the one that is not updated (5.2.16) is working correctly.

The other (6.0.2) - When a new customer registers and they fill in the address field under the address book tab and hitting "save", a message displays saying: "The following errors were detected: failed to save address."
The address is not showing up in the admin panel under customers address book.

I can however add an address in the admin panel and it then shows up when the customer logs into their address book - but if the customer tries to edit it on the store they get this message: "The following errors were detected:

• Failed to update address. Please make sure all required fields are completed."

I have noticed I have lost the pull down menu to select states also (it says "county) after you select the country (Australia only)

No errors are showing up in system error log.

I have tried - admin, Maintenance, Database tab, check the box for the CubeCart_addressbook table, then at the bottom of the page, from the drop-down selector, select Repair and click Submit. - as suggested which did not work, I also tried optomize, check and analyze.

Then I went to the Upgrade tab and did a Force Upgrade - which it has done - but it did not fix the problem.
Is that what you meant by Restore and "reupgrade" Al or have I misunderstood?

Just a small comment: you will find you have other difficulties if you have both CC5216 and CC602 using the same database. The expected schemas are slightly different. I'll compare the schemas related to the addressbook database table shortly.

Thanks bsmither, the stores are in different directories on the same server - I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that they use different database in each directory?
I really appreciate both of your help - there seems a friendly rivalry between you two in this forum to help out first - great from a users viewpoint who knows just enough to get into trouble :)

Rivalry? No, not at all. Al works the UTC time zone and I am here to help where I can in the MST time zone.

CubeCart connects to a database server (whose job it is to take requests and deliver the results). That database server can be located anywhere in the universe - as long as there is the Internet to connect through.

If you upgrade, you can tell the Setup routine to continue using the existing database - wherever it is. Or you can specify a different database server. There is some versatility here.

What you need is to have someone take a close look at the state of your database schema.

I intend to upgrade the older store (which I have set up for someone else recently) once all the issues with my store are sorted as I don't want them to have any problems - but if it will help solve this issue I will go ahead.

Lately I've been solving one problem and finding another on mine, though I don't think they were related - but perhaps some were?

I've recently had and resolved issues with:
- Admin log-in not saving password (affected both stores, my hosting provider security setting after a server upgrade)
- Decimal Symbal displaying a 0 instead of a . (fixed by updating to 6.0.2)
- Problems with shipping plugins AustPost and FreeShipping not being selectable yet StoreCollection was OK (fixed by adding ISO information in Countries and Zones for Australia)

- Problems with Paypal Payment Gateway plugin being selectable (related to ISO problem I think, now fixed)

Just thought I'd mention these in case it means anything to you - though they are solved, perhaps there's a hint to a common problem?
This address issue seems to have started after upgrading to 6.0.2 and before my hosting security security rules was changed.

I presume to have someone take a close look at the state of your database schema I will need to sign up for technical support and management?

Again, thanks for you help.

Hi, I downloaded 6.0.2 zip again from CubeCart site, unzipped and copies to a folder then FTP'd it to my site directory after backing it up again.
Then I ran the setup and get the message "Your store has already been upgraded. No further action is required."

The problem is still occuring.

This store has a version mismatch or database and files. Tables are missing required columns and some columns have incorrect specification. Restore and "reupgrade" is required. 

​Hi Al,

I'm having the same problem - how do I fix it?

To try and eliminate any possible conflict with the other store hosted on the same server, I've updated it to 6.0.2 also.
The customer address saving works for that store, but still no luck with the original one.
I noticed also the original one does not have a pulldown for "County" like the other one that works does.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Hi guys,

I conquer with everyone above. I am currently testing V6.0.2 for an upgrade. I have done no modification whatsoever.

I have just registered as a customer on my website, then added one product to my basket, clicked on checkout. It opens the address page automatically, you then enter your address, click on save and the page reloads itself, all your address data is lost and that's the end of it. You are stuck at this point. You cannot process your order. It looks like the address page is going into a loop.

Thanks

Sandrine

• 2 weeks later...

No it wasn't out of date schema after all. The issue was the the cache is better in v6. It was caching a query that it shouldn't. After querying for an address it returned nothing. Therefore it asked for an address. The problem was that even after the address had been added the cache still had an empty result. It's fixed in 6.0.4.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/af4eb7179c243c2cbc3899998fb645d197ae22d0

Hi again,
I have upgraded to CC6.0.4 in the store via Cpanel - did not fix issue.
I tried upgrading to CC6.04 by downloading the zip file, ftp and using the setup folder - said it is already up to date - did not fix the problem.
I downloaded the file classes/user.class.php from the server and checked that lines 453 and 450 had been changed to false, false, false - and they are correct.

I went to admin\Maintenance\Rebuild tab and cleared the SQL cache - I still can not change the address as a logged in customer.
I am getting the message in red panel:
The following errors were detected:

• Failed to save address.

I have tried filling out every entry field - even the non asteriks ones - it still fails.

It's not that I don't want to explain in detail what was incorerct or incompatible, it's that I don't know - I wish I could help more but I'm not a programmer.

Here is the directory to the store I'm referring to: http://ontas.net/storetgb/

I'm happy to set up a temporary admin for you to have access if it helps.
You can email me at:    tone[at]edgetas.com   if you like and I will send you the details.

- sorry for my sporadic replies, life keeps getting in the way ;)

Please perform this experiment for us:

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, set Enable Caching to "Disabled". Save. (Then, clear the SQL cache, just to make sure.)

Make your attempt to create a new and/or edit an existing customer address from the storefront.

Disabling the cache will remove one variable from the process.

Hi, thanks for your continued responses, I finally got a chance to try your experiment:

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, set Enable Caching to "Disabled". Save. (Then, clear the SQL cache, just to make sure.)

Make your attempt to create a new and/or edit an existing customer address from the storefront.

It did not solve the problem.

HOWEVER, while fixing another issue I have stumbled upon a possible problem that may be contributing?
In Dashboard > Settings > Countries & Zones, if I tick the Countries status box and hit save, the tick disappears.
I only had one country in there (Australia), so I added another to test and that will not save the activated status either.
If no countries status is activated then I am guessing the address will fail? Just a thought.

The other CubeCart store I have which is OK will let me save the ticked status.

I have no idea if or how I can add or restore the "hash" column missing from your CubeCart_addressbook table.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to figure this out. It seems you are able to reliably reproduce this problem, that is, not saving addresses is not a sporadic problem.

But, for me, troubleshooting your site would require deep analysis and would interfere with your store (otherwise) functioning properly.